My doors won't come off

George R

For some reason whenever I try to pull my doors off it does nothing but lift the door. When I look at the bolts it looks like there is a nut holding on the door but I'm not sure? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

How do I remove them I've looked but haven't figured it out
LIke any nut, they just unscrew with the proper size wrench. Keep in mind that some people get confused on which way to turn the wrench to remove the nut since that nut is mounted upside-down. And when they do get confused, they often turn it the wrong way and get frustrated, saying they can't get it off. Or they switch to a larger wrench and snap the stud off that the nut is screwed onto.

If you have to, get underneath the nut (lay on the ground) and look up so you can confirm the correct way to unscrew it.. lefty-loosey, righty-tighty. It's not on tight but it will require a wrench.

Remove that nut from the bottom of all four hinge pins and both doors will then be able to be lifted up & out. Don't remove any of the bolts that hold the hinges onto the doors or body.

LIke any nut, they just unscrew with the proper size wrench. Keep in mind that some people get confused on which way to turn the wrench to remove the nut since that nut is mounted upside-down. And when they do get confused, they often turn it the wrong way and get frustrated, saying they can't get it off. Or they switch to a larger wrench and snap the stud off that the nut is screwed onto.

If you have to, get underneath the nut (lay on the ground) and look up so you can confirm the correct way to unscrew it.. lefty-loosey, righty-tighty. It's not on tight but it will require a wrench.

Remove that nut from the bottom of all four hinge pins and both doors will then be able to be lifted up & out. Don't remove any of the bolts that hold the hinges onto the doors or body.
Thank you but I believe that my nuts may have been stripped by a former owner because there is a circular nut on it

Thank you but I believe that my nuts may have been stripped by a former owner because there is a circular nut on it
Look at it closer, that circular part is just what is next to the hinge. It is a hex nut when you look at it closely enough. As I said above, look at the nut from underneath. This is just a nut, don't make it out to be more difficult than it really is. Also the nut has a thick coat of paint on it so when not looked at closely, may look more round than a bare nut. :)

Reactions: Germanshepherd