My experience so far with replacement fuel injectors

riklyn

the injector for my LJ (MOP-RL854181) is $101+ tax from my dealer. He added that it is a reman and that new is no longer available from Chrysler and also hasn't been for a while.

I bought these:
Siemens reman (manufactured by Bosch)

also this site has Siemens as well as a list of other remans of the same injector:
remans

I'll just have to wait and see what I get but if I get one good one out of the 6 and it is really an OEM injector, I'm still ahead. if not, another lesson learned.

Reactions: Chris and Blondie70
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
well, couldn't stand it and ordered a "OEM Siemens reman" off ebay last night (approx 18.00 shipped to my door from injectorplanet) and 1 Mopar reman from my local dealer this morning.

I did get the employee discount from Mopar which puts it down to approx $80.00 from the dealer. 5.00 for the core.

I worked at the Huntsville Electronics plant for 22 years and I know that Chrysler, DaimlerChrysler, FCA did not build injectors and I'm just curious how all these compare.

maybe I'm slow, but to my way of thinking, about all that can be done to an injector is cleaning, new o rings and test coil. no matter who does it.

anyway, i'll try to post pics and comparisons if I can figure it all out.

Reactions: Chris
I've had good results buying used oem injectors and sending them to witchhunter for cleaning and testing. They come back clean and new, new filters, new orings, etc.

Reactions: Airjunky and riklyn
I’m not even sure what goes into “rebuilding” an injector aside from new seals.

As far as cleaning goes, unless you’re running some really nasty fuel (or have an engine that’s been sitting forever), injectors rarely get dirty is my understanding.

I’m not even sure what goes into “rebuilding” an injector aside from new seals.

As far as cleaning goes, unless you’re running some really nasty fuel (or have an engine that’s been sitting forever), injectors rarely get dirty is my understanding.
It's actually mostly a really good cleaning and an intense flow/pressure/reaction testing and measurement. You know they are are 100% good to go when you get them back. (Or you know it's junk) They are disassembled more than you'd typically do at home.

Reactions: Chris
well my observations so far
1. my fuel rail does not have a shrader valve. seems kind of odd.
2. deleted/edited due to faulty VOM. all coils read approx 11-12 ohms.
3. haven't pulled the rail yet, waiting for whatever the first injector comes in.
4. I know this is probably pretty boring stuff for you guys been doing this for years but I'm probably not the only first timer looking for info.
5. if this doesn't solve the issue, it's off to a professional. just wanted to try.

edit

Last edited:
ok, got the Mopar injector today. not sure if this pic is too large, will attempt to fix if so. I'm new here.
Injector.jpg

Reactions: steelhd
ok, so I had the dealer injector installed and only approx 100 miles so far so can't say it solved the issue.

some observations, which I'm sure you old timers know but I had no idea and may assist someone in the future.

1. my oem injector on my 04 LJ is Siemens. # 04854181

2. I purchased this injector from 2 different reman vendors off ebay (just to compare with the dealer part. they all were were advertised as Siemens 04854181, and were screen printed with the Chrysler logo and part #. exactly the same as the dealer OEM injector. 1 was $18 to my door(injector planet) the other was $70.20 for 6 from atlantaautopart.

3. they were all the exact same part with the exact same markings, screen printing etc.

4. the dealer part was listed as reman, but had was 100% pristine in condition. absolutely no indication of having been used.

5. the ebay parts all showed signs of having been used but looked very well redone.

6. so, I believe 100% in OEM. I guess you will just have to trust the vendor, but these I got from ebay were OEM.

7. If anyone needs an injector now, has a good reputation here and will pay shipping (and install and give feed back), I will send out 2 injectors for free just to know if they work. 1 from injector planet and one from atlanta auto.

Rik