My experience with Milwaukee warranty service.

Blackjack

Evil Winch Doctor
Supporting Member
Like others I ended up with my new M18 1/2 impact having the dreaded H96B serial (https://www.protoolreviews.com/milwaukee-2767-m18-fuel-impact-wrench-issue-official-response/ ) and a case of trigger stutter. Milwaukee recommends using their Eservice Portal so that is what I did. Had a little trouble trying to make my local email service work for a login but my Gmail worked fine.

Creating a claim was easy, fill out a few things about the tool and its issue, upload proof of purchase (no issue with it being an Amazon purchase) and I got pretty quick approval and a link to print out a FedEx 2day shipping label. Put it in a box, slapped the label on and dropped it of a with FedEx. Of course with Alaska getting some serious weather along with it being the holiday season FedEx took more than two days to get it to the service center and more than two days getting it back.

Milwaukee has a progress tracker on the portal and you get email updates the whole way including FedEx tracking links. Total time with the delayed shipping was two weeks and I had a H96A serial replacement in hand. My only complaint of Milwaukee would be they could have packed it a bit better.

All and all I give Milwaukee a solid two thumbs up and FedEx one thumb at best as always. I wish more companies made warranty service as painless as this was.

Thanks for the heads-up, Blackjack! I hadn’t heard of this issue. Just checked, and I’ve got the H96A design, so should be good-to-go!

Reactions: Blackjack
Thanks for the heads-up, Blackjack! I hadn’t heard of this issue. Just checked, and I’ve got the H96A design, so should be good-to-go!

I did not know about it until after watching the Torque Test Channel and I experienced the trigger stutter. Milwaukee kinda stepped in it on this one by changing the design up but good on them taking credit and taking care of it.

Reactions: sab