Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Yes! Thank you I was hoping to get some advise on that. It’s a 140 amp Lincoln and I had it on C. So I’ll crank it up to D and try some more.

Metal thickness will also determine what setting you need. Are you using gas or flux core wire?

5A9EBF53-C67C-49D7-82A9-4FD883AD0B29.jpeg

Sometimes you just can’t help but to look back and take a picture.

C784CD6B-6316-4586-A9A5-CDE8D4D70B9F.jpeg

snagged this bad boy for $550 on Black Friday and it finally came today. I always wheel with my dad and he has a winch so I wasn’t super motivated to get one yet but I couldn’t pass up this deal. Plus we’ve been using the winch most times we go out so it’s definitely worth it.

Haven’t posted on hear in a while. Mainly because I haven’t done anything major to the Jeep in a while. Things I’ve done are:
Teraflex hand throttle (super useful)
Kicker powered 8 inch sub in the back (awesome product for $160 refurbished on amazon)

Now for the juicy stuff.... I got the itch to finally pull the trigger on a tummy tuck. I sold a bunch of crap I don’t need anymore and acquired all the coin I need. Here’s the plan...
UCF ultra high clearance plate (1” drop or 3” tuck)
Lopro mount ( 1 inch slimmer than stock)
Savvy Tcase shifter,
JB conversions super short SYE
Tom woods driveshaft
Currie rear track bar and bracket
Savvy gas tank skid

I already have:
1.25 inch body lift and mml

Can you tell I realllllyyy don’t want to have pinion angle related issues? 😅 haha. Trying to learn from @Chris story with his trackbar contacting the gas tank skid and do everything I can to prevent that.

I really like the plan of doing the tuck first and then upgrading to a 4 inch Currie lift once my 33s are toast in the next few years and I switch to 35s. Reason being is it makes sense to do the mod that effects the pinion angle the most first so that I don’t have to get my driveshaft lengthened in the future and I get all the bugs worked out first. Then once I’m ready it will be super easy to throw 4 inch springs in ( to replace my current 3 inch)

Am I missing anything? Super excited to order all these parts today!

Reactions: Vasq
Right on track and right in the boat with you on suspension lift. It will be an easy bump to 35's if we ever need it. I hope to stay with 33's. I'm super excited to get the Tuck done. It might take me a couple of weeks working here and there on it. Are you installing yourself?

Reactions: starkey480
Right on track and right in the boat with you on suspension lift. It will be an easy bump to 35's if we ever need it. I hope to stay with 33's. I'm super excited to get the Tuck done. It might take me a couple of weeks working here and there on it. Are you installing yourself?
Yeah the 33s are getting the job done for now and still have so much life in them. Plus my suspension is set up perfect for my 33s I would rather work on the belly first. I’m doing everything myself. I took up the project of learning how to weld for the past 3 months fixing things around my dads property so that I can weld on my TB bracket and do any exhaust or spring perch modification I need to myself.

Yeah the 33s are getting the job done for now and still have so much life in them. Plus my suspension is set up perfect for my 33s I would rather work on the belly first. I’m doing everything myself. I took up the project of learning how to weld for the past 3 months fixing things around my dads property so that I can weld on my TB bracket and do any exhaust or spring perch modification I need to myself.
I'll need to get the welding done. I don't have those skillz! I tried to learn to arc weld a couple winters back, but I couldn't get to that shop often enough to get it down. I figure I can run around with the trackbar only bolted on till I get to the welder. Some have questioned whether it's even necessary, but I'll have it done.

I'll need to get the welding done. I don't have those skillz! I tried to learn to arc weld a couple winters back, but I couldn't get to that shop often enough to get it down. I figure I can run around with the trackbar only bolted on till I get to the welder. Some have questioned whether it's even necessary, but I'll have it done.
I’m super fortunate I have a family friend who owns a welding shop and not only gave me some MIG welding lessons but he gave me a welder and a heaping pile of scrap metal his business didn’t need anymore so I’ve been making a bunch of random stuff the past few months and finally feel totally competent to weld on a bracket a bracket that also has bolts to support it hahaha

Trying to learn from @Chris story with his trackbar contacting the gas tank skid and do everything I can to prevent that.

The interesting thing about that is that I seem to be the only one at all who has had this issue, and I don't understand why.

It was a 4" Currie / Savvy lift, a 1.25" Savvy body lift, and a Rokmen skid plate (which isn't even as flat as the Savvy skid. The moment I did that tuck the rear pinion angle had to be rotated so far up, that it tilted the rear track bar back so far that it started to just barely come into contact with the Rokmen fuel tank skid.

Maybe this wouldn't have happened with the factory fuel tank skid plate, so that could have something to do with it. Either way, the GenRight tank took care of all the issues and gave me a good 3" extra of clearance between the rear track bar / diff and the fuel tank.

The interesting thing about that is that I seem to be the only one at all who has had this issue, and I don't understand why.

It was a 4" Currie / Savvy lift, a 1.25" Savvy body lift, and a Rokmen skid plate (which isn't even as flat as the Savvy skid. The moment I did that tuck the rear pinion angle had to be rotated so far up, that it tilted the rear track bar back so far that it started to just barely come into contact with the Rokmen fuel tank skid.

Maybe this wouldn't have happened with the factory fuel tank skid plate, so that could have something to do with it. Either way, the GenRight tank took care of all the issues and gave me a good 3" extra of clearance between the rear track bar / diff and the fuel tank.
Good to know you’re the only one haha. I still like the thought of doing everything I can to lengthen the driveshaft and decrease the angle just for lack of headache when it comes to spring perches and bumpstop alignment and shocks clearing the perches and trackbar clearing the tank and yadayada

Good to know you’re the only one haha. I still like the thought of doing everything I can to lengthen the driveshaft and decrease the angle just for lack of headache when it comes to spring perches and bumpstop alignment and shocks clearing the perches and trackbar clearing the tank and yadayada

That's another nice thing about that GenRight tank. It provided enough room that had I wanted to, I could have stretched the rear wheelbase maybe 2-3", ran a longer driveshaft, etc.

Of course that would have been more work, but it was an option with the GenRight tank.

The savvy gas tank skid gives you a bit more room, it helped in my case + you get to raise it an inch. I may have missed it, do you already have adjustable arms? You’ll need adjustable rear uppers.

The savvy gas tank skid gives you a bit more room, it helped in my case + you get to raise it an inch. I may have missed it, do you already have adjustable arms? You’ll need adjustable rear uppers.
Yep I’ve got adjustable arms! One of the few gifts the previous owner left me haha. Unfortunately the gas tank skid won’t be here for another couple weeks so I’m hoping I don’t absolutely need that extra track bar clearance. If I need to I’ll just trim up the stock one

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Installed the savvy shifter today! Super easy install. Much more intuitive than I thought it would be just looking at the parts in the box. Shifts smooth as butter now although my stick linkage worked just fine. I’m probably the only one to say this but not sure I would have justified the $170 if it wasn’t necessary for the tuck coming up.

Reactions: JMT
I hate the stock linkage so much, it's so notchy and just a big POS.

Either way, it complements the tummy tuck perfectly (y)

I hate the stock linkage so much, it's so notchy and just a big POS.

Either way, it complements the tummy tuck perfectly (y)
Haha yeah it’s definitely a POS looking at the design... but mine still worked pretty normally! Definitely welcome the improvement though!

Reactions: Chris