My First Jeep

Flib

TJ Enthusiast
Always wanted a jeep, finally got one. 2004 TJ with 33's, lifted, smittybilt front bumper with a trail FX winch

jeep tj.JPG

First off is I need to deal with some drive train vibrations. Fairly certain it already has the transfer case drop kit in it but at speed it starts to vibrate, when you push the clutch pedal in it smooths out so I'm thinking it will need some u-joints.

Any opinions of the trail FX winch (8000lb), good, bad, OK? It will no doubt see limited use as I'm more of an overland guy and don't do much mudding or rock crawling.

Same color as mine, love it! Looks like there's a bit done to it already too!

First off is I need to deal with some drive train vibrations. Fairly certain it already has the transfer case drop kit in it but at speed it starts to vibrate, when you push the clutch pedal in it smooths out so I'm thinking it will need some u-joints.

Any opinions of the trail FX winch (8000lb), good, bad, OK? It will no doubt see limited use as I'm more of an overland guy and don't do much mudding or rock crawling.
Solve the vibes and test the winch. Also read some reviews if you can find some. It might point you to some weaknesses or issues. Or possibly be just fine. Most here like Warn or Engo or Superwinch, though one of the Smitty’s Is getting some kudos too as of late.

Nice set up....looks like you've already been out having some fun in it ...A mud-pack face mask will take years off your jeep lol
Welcome to the forum...I'm sure with the wealth of knowledge on here it wont take long to sort out your 'bad vibes man' :afro:

Thanks guys, not new to off road'n but new to the Jeep world, I had an Xterra and a Taco that I just sold last year. Looking forward to getting out and also looking forward to working on the jeep, well versed in fabricating and working on vehicles and to me that's almost as much fun as getting out in the woods.
My thing is more over landing than hardcore mudd'n and rock crawling so I do plan on being easy on the jeep and keep the broken parts list to a minimum.

I do plan on being easy on the jeep and keep the broken parts list to a minimum.

Don't jinx it just yet!
Welcome to the spendin'

Vibration? your rig is just heavy.
1.) Relocation bracket for side mirrors
2.) Take out those doors
3.) Amazon search for Alien Shade
4.) Take out that roof!

Then go for more trailin' you won't feel the vibration out there in the trails.

Last edited: