My first Jeep

silvercreek

This 2012 Wrangler Sport is my first Jeep outside of the 21 years I spent in the US Army. Not many mod so far. Just a new fuel door, Red powder coated tow hooks and a CB radio system. I'm taking my first long distance drive in the Wrangler to Golden Colorado to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter and two grandchildren. I'm looking forward to the drive.

IMG_0028_zpshvsitu0i.jpg

Reactions: G-man and Chris
I actually love the red tow hooks! I see them on some of the newer JKs and it's one of those subtle things that really stands out!

What's next on the mod list @silvercreek?

Not sure Rook. I spent so much time in the field while serving in the military I'm not sure I'm ready for much off-roading. Some may ask why I bought a Jeep if I'm not going off-road with it. I'm not sure how to answer that except that it's just another toy so far. The main reason for not doing much if any off-roading is my health. I'm almost 70 and the military just about wore this old body out.

Not sure Rook. I spent so much time in the field while serving in the military I'm not sure I'm ready for much off-roading. Some may ask why I bought a Jeep if I'm not going off-road with it. I'm not sure how to answer that except that it's just another toy so far. The main reason for not doing much if any off-roading is my health. I'm almost 70 and the military just about wore this old body out.

Have you had a chance to take the top and the doors of yet? If not... You've got to try it. Hands down my FAVORITE part about owning a Jeep!

Have you had a chance to take the top and the doors of yet? If not... You've got to try it. Hands down my FAVORITE part about owning a Jeep!
I doubt the top will be coming off any time soon. I'm old and decrepit and would have a hard time taking it off and putting it back on. I rode motorcycles for 48 years and remember what it's like to ride in the open air.

Reactions: Chris
I doubt the top will be coming off any time soon. I'm old and decrepit and would have a hard time taking it off and putting it back on. I rode motorcycles for 48 years and remember what it's like to ride in the open air.

I'm a fellow motorcycle rider as well (though only for 15 years)!

Amazing how motorcycles and jeeps fit so well together. Same outstanding, out doors, vet, do your own thing and enjoy the ride kind of group. Thanks for your service Silvercreek, ride on!

Reactions: Chris
Amazing how motorcycles and jeeps fit so well together. Same outstanding, out doors, vet, do your own thing and enjoy the ride kind of group. Thanks for your service Silvercreek, ride on!

The only vehicle I've ever been able to find satisfaction from (and I've owned a lot of cool ones) that can compare to my motorcycles is my Wrangler! Driving it doesn't even feel like driving a standard car.