My first Jeep

Amber Fire Sport

Supporting Member
I've had a lot of fun stuff over the years. My dailys have always been full size Z71s, currently have a 2015 I bought new (only new vehicle I've ever bought). I still have and drive the 67 C10 I bought when I was 15, 26 years ago. I have a pretty nice 65 Mustang Coupe, and a needs a lot, but stupid solid and original, 68 firebird project.

I decided I didn't have enough to do, and I have a little 16 month old that really seems interested in toy cars and the outdoors, so I saw a good reason to finally own my first jeep. Growing up my mom loved jeeps and had a couple XJ's (one was even a 4.0/5spd) a couple grand cherokees, and her newest jeep is a 2018 JK 4 door. My dad and I are a lot alike, he's always had full size trucks and old stuff to drive.

I bought this for my 41st birthday back in december. 2001. 4.0/5 spd. A/C. Doesn't work of course. and 86,XXX miles.

Day I got it:

I hated the black wheels, that's my pops behind the wheel grinning from ear to ear, he was so excited, I let him drive it the 3 hours home.

jeep old.jpg

Found this in the glove box, I found the video on youtube, interesting watch:

Jeep tips.jpg

And started to "make it mine" this last weekend. Sorry the pics kinda suck, but my shop is still being built and the ceiling/lights haven't been installed yet.

Jeep 1.JPG

Jeep 3.JPG

Yep, I already broke it, PS box leaking.

Jeep 4.JPG

Added KC lights too.
Jeep 2.JPG

Welcome! Are those CJ wheels you got there?

They're just a generic white spoke wheel by US Wheel.

When I was growing up in the 80's, people put them on all kinds of 4x4s. Ford, GM, Jeep, Dodge, even Toyota. They were the go to "crager SS" for trucks and 4x4s. My 2wd C10 even had a set on it when I bought it.

As far as CJ's, I've seen them on a TON of CJ's, but I don't know if they came on CJ's or just so many people put them on?

I went with the 15x7 and a 235/75/15 BFG so they would still "tuck" under the flares. They stick out a hair, but not much.

Reactions: Kon