My future build any experience with them

Patrick

I plan on trying to do it all myself I've never worked on jeeps my mom has the JKU and I did a fender install but that's it wondering if any of y'all have ever used any of these and how did y'all like it and how hard would the average person be able to do it...I've done lifts and all the other stuff just never on a jeep I've only owned diesels my entire life thanks in advance

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

Smittybilt is one of those hit and miss products. I've had bad luck with their stuff rusting through really easily and being sub-par quality (it is Chinese after all). However, many people have run their products with no issues whatsoever, so that's worth something.

As far as Rough Country, I would stay away. They build some pretty shitty lifts in my opinion, and that's pretty much the general consensus among most. If you want good 4" lift that won't break the bank, you're much better off looking into the Zone 4" lift. That one is very highly regarded (almost unanimously), and as mentioned, it won't break the bank. A much, much better choice than Rough Country.

Rough Country in my mind is right at the bottom with Skyjacker.

You can hit @AOR up for a good forum member price on a Zone lift FYI!

Reactions: Patrick
Smittybilt is one of those hit and miss products. I've had bad luck with their stuff rusting through really easily and being sub-par quality (it is Chinese after all). However, many people have run their products with no issues whatsoever, so that's worth something.

As far as Rough Country, I would stay away. They build some pretty shitty lifts in my opinion, and that's pretty much the general consensus among most. If you want good 4" lift that won't break the bank, you're much better off looking into the Zone 4" lift. That one is very highly regarded (almost unanimously), and as mentioned, it won't break the bank. A much, much better choice than Rough Country.

Rough Country in my mind is right at the bottom with Skyjacker.

You can hit @AOR up for a good forum member price on a Zone lift FYI!

I agree with Chris almost 100% the smittybilt top might be an OK choice though. As for ease of install it's all pretty much bolt on with hand tools, so not too bad. Seats might be a challenge though if you still want them to fold forward like the factory ones do.

Reactions: Patrick