My Install of the Toyota Light Mod

Try turning on the high beams and shutting the lights off.

Did. All combinations.
Maybe I'll try bypassing the inline relays and just run off the switch. My neighbor thinks it's because of daytime running lights but neither my TJ nor the kit has or was meant for vehicles with DRLs.
Otherwise, I love these lights.

Did. All combinations.
Maybe I'll try bypassing the inline relays and just run off the switch. My neighbor thinks it's because of daytime running lights but neither my TJ nor the kit has or was meant for vehicles with DRLs.
Otherwise, I love these lights.

Does your tj have DRL? I thought Canda wrangler had DRL's?

I think maybe you have something connected wrong. You don't really need to run the harness it comes with if you are using stock 55w bulbs. You can run the lights without the harness to see if it's the harness that's the issue.

Last edited:
Does your tj have DRL? I thought Canda wrangler had DRL's?

I think maybe you have something connected wrong. You don't really need to run the harness it comes with if you are using stock 55w bulbs. You can run the lights without the harness to see if it's the harness that's the issue.

I'd try that next. The 55/ 60 watt bulbs that come with the kit are the same wattage as the sealed beams. Just plug the factory connectors into the new lights.