My Install of the Toyota Light Mod

I went down to the starter feed connection. I had to ream the harness connectors out a bit. Got ground right nearby on the frame. All is working good with this and the lites look plenty bright to me. Glad I got the kit.

Tried to install today but didn't get very far. The headlight retaining bezels from the Oracle LEDs installed by the PO are too small for the Toyota headlights.

I assume I need stock headlight retaining bezels? Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Also, where exactly are y'all mounting the relays?

Tried to install today but didn't get very far. The headlight retaining bezels from the Oracle LEDs installed by the PO are too small for the Toyota headlights.

I assume I need stock headlight retaining bezels? Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Nobody else has mentioned it. As for the relays, unless you are using 100/ 80 watt bulbs, you don't need them. However, I mounted mine here:
007.JPG

Man I don't get any credit? 😁

Link below has a few beam pattern comparisons, against a Hella e code, a few different bulbs and an led bulb.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/toyota-lights-on-your-tj-cheap-quality-led-alternative.52840/

Nice write up! I really dig the lights too. I thought the harness was very nice. The whole kit is cheaper than most quality h4 harnesses. That fuse pack even has space for spare fuses.
@Longwhitejeep your write up sold me on these. install was a breeze and lights are much better than stock sealed beams. haven’t toyed with adjusting them yet or the higher wattage bulbs. i’m one happy camper with this upgrade. thanks again sir!

Page 3 shows in the link below shows where I mounted my harness and relays. Basically I just put them on existing bolts by the passenger headlight.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/toyota-lights-on-your-tj-cheap-quality-led-alternative.52840/
You need the stock style chrome housing retaining bezels for these. I don't know if the oracle's have smaller ones or not. I would think they would be the same since they all bolt to the same place?

@Longwhitejeep your write up sold me on these. install was a breeze and lights are much better than stock sealed beams. haven’t toyed with adjusting them yet or the higher wattage bulbs. i’m one happy camper with this upgrade. thanks again sir!
Glad it helped! Too good a deal after I found it to not share. I am still really happy with them. I bought a spare set just in case.

Is the Toyota wiring harness heavier gauge/equal length wire . . . possibly 14ga ?
Daniel Stern Automotive Lighting describes a DIY test for voltage at the bulb socket. Optimum is 1000 lumens @ 12.3v.
My 2nd Gen Dodge was 11.3v for 620 lumens. A candle on the hood would be brighter. The OEM Dodge wire size was 18ga.
Definitely a voltage drop with the smaller gauge wire.
Nice write-up on the Toyota conversion . . . ;)

Mounted a set of these on my 99 Sahara. Weird thing happened though - when I turn my lights on, they don't shut off even after turning the Jeep off. I have to unplug the factory plug to the switch, then plug it back in and they stay off until I turn the lights on again. 🤔
Double and triple checked the install... could it be a goofy relay? I'm a little stumped.
Anyone got any ideas where to check next?

Mounted a set of these on my 99 Sahara. Weird thing happened though - when I turn my lights on, they don't shut off even after turning the Jeep off. I have to unplug the factory plug to the switch, then plug it back in and they stay off until I turn the lights on again. 🤔
Double and triple checked the install... could it be a goofy relay? I'm a little stumped.
Anyone got any ideas where to check next?

Try turning on the high beams and shutting the lights off.