My JEEP Commander Limited HEMI 4X4

badlieutenant

TJ Addict
People either love them or they hate them... I think the people that hate them haven't given them a chance. The Jeep Commander is without a doubt one of my most favorite vehicles. I have read that the early builds were of questionable quality/reliability but that can be said for about any new-to-market vehicle.

Mine is a 2010, the last year they were made. It's fully loaded and lots of fun! It has the updated 5.7 liter HEMI V8 with 357HP. It rocks it with full time 4X4. Three rows of leather seats (Rows 1 and 2 are heated) and full rear AC with independent controls. The Limited package churches it up with aesthetic features. It has the command view package which gives me a really nice moonroof and two sky view windows on the roof over the middle seat passengers. It has retractable shades to cover them up if desired.

It also has the rear backup camera, upgraded sound system (276 watt Boston acoustics), and a 9" fold down screen screen for the rear passengers. Built in DVD player up front that will display the movies up front from the touchscreen headunit and the rear fold down tv. It came with two sets of wireless headphones so the rear passengers can watch their own tv or listen to their own music in the back, separate from the front seat occupants.

Hill assist control and all the good stuff for 4x4 assistance including the tow package which includes a tow mode.

Oh yeah, remote start and remote trunk open/close, remote rear window open, keyless entry and alarm... All factory.

Needless to say, I love the Commander. I took a few pics to share with the forum. She's a little dirty on the outside.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447034800.846419.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447034812.894670.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447034822.629237.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447034833.547610.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447034852.883525.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447034885.104944.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447034896.572613.jpg

Reactions: StG58
...and this is the beast that sleeps next to her in the garage. My 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Yes, my Jeeps are always garaged. Spoiled little bitches, they are!

Ive got the best of both worlds. Extreme comfort and power with the Commander and nimble utilitarian awesomeness of the LJ Rubicon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447035164.626366.jpg

Mine is always garaged as well. My 05 Rubicon (black like yours) looks almost like new with only 70k miles on it.

I've never read much about the Commanders, but with that Hemi in there I'm sure it moves. It would be better if it had a Cummins though =P

Thanks, Dave!

Chris, I love that damn HEMI! It even cuts down to 4 cylinders when cruising around. I average 19MPG!

Oh sweet, it has one of those switches where you can turn it from 8 cylinders to 4 cylinders? Always wondered how they accomplished that.

It does it with electronic sorcery. Basically, when the conditions are right it cuts down to a 4-banger. When I give it gas it hauls ass!

I know, it's just crazy to think of, because if I had a V8 and removed 4 spark plug wires from 4 of the cylinders it would run like crap. They've figured out some cool way of not giving those extra 4 cylinders fuel / spark I guess without making the engine run like crap.

Cool stuff! Just a pain in the butt to fix (and expensive) if it breaks!

I know, it's just crazy to think of, because if I had a V8 and removed 4 spark plug wires from 4 of the cylinders it would run like crap. They've figured out some cool way of not giving those extra 4 cylinders fuel / spark I guess without making the engine run like crap.

Cool stuff! Just a pain in the butt to fix (and expensive) if it breaks!

Chrysler bumper to bumper warranty!

Whoa! I've owned lots of BMW's!

My favorite as my E36 M3 sedan in estoril blue!

Very cool! My BMWs include the following:

2001 Carbon Black on Imola Red E39 M5
2003 Carbon Black on Black E46 M3
1999 Alpine White on Modena E36 M3 Sedan

Nice!

I liked the Modena on the E36. Mine was dove grey.

I sold all my eurocars and my Ducati. Nothing but Jeep now!

I've still got my Ducati 999R, but my Jeep is my real hobby now. I sold all the BMWs as well. God parts for those things are insanely expensive.

DT1 has been garaged since the day it came home from the dealership in 2004. DT2 hasn't been garaged ever in its life as far as I can tell and still isn't garaged. I wanted to go be but my mom won't put her BMW outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I take my top down she will let me have the garage for a few days, or if I wash it then it can have the garage for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep mine garaged all the time just so I don't have to worry about potential thieves.