My Jeep could beat your Jeep

ummmmm Jeep 2.5L leaves Moab traveling at 45 miles per hour. Two hours later Jeep 4.0L leaves the same trail traveling in the same direction at 40 miles per hour. How far from the trail was Jeep 2.5L overtaken by Jeep 4.0L? :thinking: lol

Reactions: Squatch
Well since you didn't state it, and in my world, the 4.0 has stock wheels and tires and your 2.5 has 35's, so I would guess the 4.0!
If you could calculate the acceleration based on the horsepower (work done) Using kinematic equations we could calculate this. Let's say the 2.5 has 130 hp and weight 3092 lbs. The 4.0 has 190 and Weights 3857 lbs. what more is needed.. We have to consider axle ratios..

If you could calculate the acceleration based on the horsepower (work done) Using kinematic equations we could calculate this. Let's say the 2.5 has 130 hp and weight 3092 lbs. The 4.0 has 190 and Weights 3857 lbs. what more is needed.. We have to consider axle ratios..
We also have to consider if the 2.5 has an angry bird grill that adds at least 10hp

If the 2.5 TJ leaves Cincinnatti at 2 pm going 45 mph, and the 4.0 leaves Boston going 40 mph, who will get to Altoona first? :cool: