Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

My Jeep was hit (photos and questions)

OddJack

I park my Jeep on the street. This morning I noticed the front tire is straight, we are required to turn the back of the wheels against the curb since we are parking uphill. Then I noticed the right tire is flat and the two front. wheels are not aligned. So someone drove into the Jeep from the side and pressed it into the curb so hard the the right tire punctured.

The crossbar is bent. I dont know why anyone would do this.

What are the possible damages and fixes? Can it be fixed on the spot?

Here are the photos after I installed the spare tire.

20220814_122120.jpg

jeep1.jpg

hosejockey61

Jeepless No More
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
A new tie rod (the bent part) should fix that. I would also check for other damage on the axle itself.

Reactions: Akitadog

CharlesHS

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I park my Jeep on the street. This morning I noticed the front tire is straight, we are required to turn the back of the wheels against the curb since we are parking uphill. Then I noticed the right tire is flat and the two front. wheels are not aligned. So someone drove into the Jeep from the side and pressed it into the curb so hard the the right tire punctured.

The crossbar is bent. I dont know why anyone would do this.

What are the possible damages and fixes? Can it be fixed on the spot?

Here are the photos after I installed the spare tire.

View attachment 350992

View attachment 350993

I would jack up the front end and spin the tires to ensure there is no wobble caused by a damaged hub or hub flange.
Check the steering box bolts and frame area where the box is mounted; couldn't hurt to check the torque on the steering box bolts.
Have the front end alignment checked once you replace the steering.
The ZJ steering assembly upgrade is money well spent...

Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
I’d find a good body shop and have it looked at.

Might want to check out the frame for wrinkles.

And have a competent Jeep shop take a look at everything.

At the very least, have it aligned properly.

psrivats

Turnpike performance PLUS off-road traction !
Supporting Member
That's messed up. I can't understand how that happened without any other visible damage to the body or frame.

But yes, have a good body shop take a look at it and make sure there is no other significant damage.