My jeep will not move after clutch replacement: Anyone in Louisiana?

Did the Luk kit on my 97 recently. All because the spring clip on the fork for the throwout bearing finally gave out.

Have you removed the slave from the bellhousing and checked the position and movement/tension on the fork? Is the spring clip properly seated and the fork moving like it should? I was not thrilled that I had to drop the transmission and replace the clutch on mine for a freaking $1.49 spring.

Otherwise like others have said time to pull it all apart and reinstall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installing a LuK clutch is pretty much a no brainer. If the OP is sure it was installed correctly, I would disconnect the TC linkage from the TC lever, move the lever by hand all the way one direction (either way) and see what happens. My guess would be that the Jeep will drive and the linkage is either out of adjustment or binding badly. If it turns out to be the linkage, I would throw it in the garbage and replace it with a Savvy cable shifter.

Last edited:
The factory linkage should always be thrown away and replaced with a Savvy or Novak unit. The factory linkage is such a piece of garbage.

I was looking into the Savvy cable myself. But during my clutch swap, I adjusted the linkage and lubed everything up. Now it shifts like butter.

Reactions: CodaMan