My LJ Build. L is for Long time.

Nothing major but a few odds and ends over the last couple of weeks.

Was gifted a set of three 7" wide oem style flares and since I'm not a fan of the width I decided to cut them to see how I would like flat fender flares on my LJ.
IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

Installed LEDs in the gauge cluster because budget mods. In the process I discovered a couple of odd things.

What do you do if your an incompetent installer who gives zero fks?
IMG_2599.JPG

Will fix this at a later time.

Can anyone tell me what this unused pigtail is for under my steering wheel?
IMG_2598.JPG

Reactions: VirtualRussel
Can anyone tell me what this unused pigtail is for under my steering wheel?
View attachment 10316

Satellite radio antenna connection i believe. I just removed mine. If your Jeep had the full say radio setup there may by an antenna on roll bar over driver's head. Mine was covered in a roll bar material cover with Velcro or zippers, can't recall for certain right now.

I too have a new to me 2006 LJ. Bought it last July. My plans are 1 tons and 38s. Have the axles and tires sitting in the garage. Just waiting for funds from whenever my classic wood boat sells, if ever, to actually get going on the build. For now it's stock on 31s.

image.jpeg

Good luck on the build.

Reactions: FF_Jeep
Satellite radio antenna connection i believe. I just removed mine. If your Jeep had the full say radio setup there may by an antenna on roll bar over driver's head. Mine was covered in a roll bar material cover with Velcro or zippers, can't recall for certain right now.

I too have a new to me 2006 LJ. Bought it last July. My plans are 1 tons and 38s. Have the axles and tires sitting in the garage. Just waiting for funds from whenever my classic wood boat sells, if ever, to actually get going on the build. For now it's stock on 31s.

View attachment 10334

Good luck on the build.

You know I felt like I recognized the fitting inside of that yellow harness. Thanks

Your LJ looks great! Sounds like it's going to be a monster when your done

I'm still undecided on the flat flares, but I think they're growing on me.