My LJ Thread - A MrBlaine Spec'ed LJ Build for Daily Driving and Weekend Adventure

Wish I knew a fabricator over here that was half as good as you in terms of thinking things out & executing a mission without BS. Very well done, I'll do this mod someday.
We have folks bring rigs to us from all over the country. In recent memory, they have shown up from Arizona, Iowa, Virginia, Utah, couple from Texas, this one is going to Washington, and we get them from all over Southern California. I have folks that drive in from several hours away just to have me install a brake kit on their rig.

We have folks bring rigs to us from all over the country. In recent memory, they have shown up from Arizona, Iowa, Virginia, Utah, couple from Texas, this one is going to Washington, and we get them from all over Southern California. I have folks that drive in from several hours away just to have me install a brake kit on their rig.
Just a short 2100 mile ride from Ga to Ca :). Someday soon I'll make it out there.

I have pretty much the same jeep you started with, at the risk of being to forward or amateurish, what is the ball park price for MrBlaine to do something like this? I really like where you are going with it and his work is impeccable.

Yeah, even if I had it added up and I don't, that info is for the owner to share, not me.
I guess i was meaning to say that if the poster wanted to talk about doing that kind of work to his jeep, he should talk to you, not that you would reveal what obiwan has into his project... sorry for the confusion.

Fair enough, was not trying to ruffle any feathers, sometimes people do not mind talking about what a project costs...... Very valid point on the MrBlaine perspective, thanks.

The owner hasn't seen any of these yet.
DSC_4420.jpg

DSC_4425.jpg

DSC_4429.jpg

DSC_4435.jpg

Hot damn that thing is good looking!

What kind of seat covers are those?
Leather full replacements with Dorman upper and lower seat heaters. I built a small face plate panel and mounted the switches over some crappy holes that held crap switches. We also molded in the gauge pod so it looks like it is part of the factory center bezel and I painted it afterwards. It has exactly the same textured finish that the cluster bezel does.

DSC_4400.jpg

Last edited:
Leather full replacements with Dorman upper and lower seat heaters. I built a small face plate panel and mounted the switches over some crappy holes that held crap switches. We also molded in the gauge pad so it looks like it is part of the factory center bezel and I painted it afterwards. It has exactly the same textured finish that the cluster bezel does.

View attachment 30781

Nicely done, I can't wait to see it all finished. That looks like one of the nicest LJs I've ever seen!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
We wired in keyless entry with door lock actuators and contact buttons, seat heaters, Split Second box, 4 gauges, Oil temp, AFR, Boost, and EGT, switched aux power for all of those, under hood lights, Jet Accuspeed, and we did not solder a single connection. To sorta put that in perspective, there are 12-15 new grounds and it took 5 relays to make the keyless entry work.

Nicely done, I can't wait to see it all finished. That looks like one of the nicest LJs I've ever seen!
It is certainly the nicest one I've seen or been around. At this point, there isn't a single thing I would change. The color scheme is balanced with a nice contrast with just enough stainless fasteners showing to make the chrome headlight bezels belong. The rock rails are the best looking we've ever done.

DSC_4413.jpg

It is certainly the nicest one I've seen or been around. At this point, there isn't a single thing I would change. The color scheme is balanced with a nice contrast with just enough stainless fasteners showing to make the chrome headlight bezels belong. The rock rails are the best looking we've ever done.

View attachment 30786
It’s a piece of art. What rock rails did you install? Savvy? It’s interesting the paint scheme. I had already decided to do the same scheme come May. I really favor keeping the OEM paint color up teh sidewall, then a textured black or dark gray, or perhaps satin silver on my flame red. What you’re doing looks great! Some great work all around.

View attachment 30786

I know... it's so nice that I'm almost afraid to see it get a scratch on it once he starts wheeling it! It's truly a beauty.