My military career requires your insight đź‘Ś

I only went to NTC twice. Once in 2004 while stationed at Ft. Lewis and then in 2003 in preparation to go to Iraq.
I never got my airborne wings but I was a dope on a rope.

Reactions: Jack72 and Fixer6
I've done 24 years between active Army and California Army National Guard (15T Blackhawk helicopter crew chief and 15R Apache helicopter crew chief). Still hanging in there. I deployed to Iraq in 04 and 09, and Afghanistan in 13. On April 1st I am heading back to Iraq for deployment #4. Going to Fort Hood for a week or 2 then heading out for 9 months boots on ground.

Good shit!

Reactions: Travis and Fixer6
Pretend I'm an Air Force guy who always had my meals catered and never jumped out of a plane on purpose.... What is NTC??

Reactions: cliffish
I've done 24 years between active Army and California Army National Guard (15T Blackhawk helicopter crew chief and 15R Apache helicopter crew chief). Still hanging in there. I deployed to Iraq in 04 and 09, and Afghanistan in 13. On April 1st I am heading back to Iraq for deployment #4. Going to Fort Hood for a week or 2 then heading out for 9 months boots on ground.

Good shit!
I was 10 days shy of 28 years when they medially retired me. Spent 14 years active duty and then 13+ years in the Guard. Man did we use to rag on the NG when I was on active duty. I swore I would never join the guard but after I got out I missed it and ended up joining the guard.

Good luck on your deployment and keep your head down.

Reactions: Fixer6 and DuncLJ

Good shit!

Best jumps I ever had were out of either a Blackhawk or a Chinook (Personal Favorite). Looks like I just missed you in Iraq was there in 06. Doing the 82nd/101st circuit I managed to get both sets of wings. Those helicopters build up quite the static charge. Makes you feel all tingly when you sling load a Humvee and your buddy misses with the grounding rod.

• Haha
Reactions: DuncLJ and Fixer6

Good shit!
I was a Romeo and a Tango too, also one of the last Novembers...

Reactions: DuncLJ
I was a Romeo and a Tango too, also one of the last Novembers...

My first MOS was 67yankee which is an AH1 Cobra crew chief. When I reported to my first unit, they turned me around and sent me right back to Ft Eustis for apache transition school. I've never worked on or touched a Cobra since AIT.

Hey, where and when did you work on 15's? I was at Eglin from 90-91 and Elmendorf from 92-95
I was at Eglin, 05-09... Did a little time at the FANG at Homestead too

Definitely interested !!

1978 I almost joined the RCN as an officer candidate. A week in Halifax and I was almost in.... until I talked to an officer with several years service and discovered there could be months long deployments with no idea what the purpose, goal was. Remote postings, waiting for... something. That killed it for me. I'm pretty driven. I don't handle "being ignored" well. I need to know the goal. So I did not sign. I often regret that decision. I would have been a lifer.

Kudos to you for following thru. Looking forward to future posts !!
A former Edmontonian myself, 1960, Westmount, Ross Shep, NAIT, thru 1990, married with kids.

Obviously.... from the suspense you have generated here... that English Lit Professor needs to be fired/retired.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58 and Squatch