My new to me 2005 TJ

Frank

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
A short version of the 2005 tj unlimited I had a few years back. Same color inside and out. All ready feeling better getting back in a Jeep Wrangler. Now decisions about what I want to do to it.
It has Cooper Discoverer A/T3s on it brand new, new wheels, new top all fluids changed and I mean all of them. Only thing needed is the blower resister that is only working on 2 speeds. My other one did same. No worries. Already ordered it. Any suggestions besides lift??
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• doc01720120160219102418.pdf
    603.2 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: Chris
Aside from a lift, I think the next thing I would do is tires (of course). After that I say a nice front bumper and a winch (assuming you'll use a winch).

Thanks Chris but it has brand new tires on it. Are cooper discover at3's not a good tire?

Yes, Coopers are excellent tires in my experience. Well, I would say that a lift is the first order of business then!

What do you plan on doing with this vehicle?
Other than looking cool, 35s or more tires are not needed for a daily driver, in town. I used mine to drive to my work parking lot at 8,750 feet, often before the snow plows had cleared the road. So large wide tires to get over 4 foot drifts were necessary. Also spent a lot of time in southern Utah crawling rocks and ledges-- a lift and heavy duty skids were necessary along with tall tires.

What do you do next? It depends.

Sort of a daily driver, I also have a Chevy truck and Nissan Altima. Just wanted another wrangler. Want to make it mine, new lights, driving, headlights, tail lights, etc. stereo system. Deciding on to lift or not. In other words, trying to decide how I want it to look and drive as well as sound.

Reactions: Chris