My new to me TJ

Olav

Supporting Member
I always regretted selling my 1999 TJ. A few years ago I saw this particular 2000 TJ at a neighbor's home and I immediately asked him to give me right of first refusal if he ever wanted to sell it. He flat towed it once a year to the Alpine Loop but otherwise only drove it a few times a year on local forest service roads. He finally last fall said he would sell it to me. I jumped on it as this is a well cared for, insanely low mileage TJ (29,384 miles on the odometer) with no rust or body damage as it has always been a Southwest jeep and garaged when not driven. The PO had put a lot of money into it: Teraflex CRD60 rear axle, Dana 44 front diff, ARB air lockers, full coverage custom roll cage, Atlas transfer case, long arms, Curry Antirock on the rear with detachable sway bar links up front. four point harness both seats, and lots more . I did install new ball joints as the originals were worn and I replaced the PO's winch - an old and very heavy Ramsey Platinum with a new Warn - and just put new BFG KO2 tires on to replace the nine year old ones on it that had sidewall cracking. The big project starting next week is I am replacing the crack prone 0331 head with a new Clearwater head and a new MOPAR water pump while I'm into it. Preventive maintenance. My riding is all Alpine Loop, Paiute Trail, Arizona Trail, etc., not hard core rock crawling. But this is a great addition to my Polaris RZR 1000 for those trails and others! Just adds to the fun. The project continues...

IMG_9397.jpeg

IMG_9401.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

IMG_9403.jpeg