My new Willys project

Hammer24

TJ Enthusiast
Thought some of you might like to see my new project which is a 1943 Willys MB. All I really know about it was that it was used by the australian military originally, sold off to a farm in another state from me, last registered in that state in 1975, then I bought it a few months ago from a different state again. I just got it running for the first time the other day and now I've just started the tear down which will make it easier to work on the mechanical side of things as well as the body which is solid but does need a fair bit of work.

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.14.40 pm.png

Thought some of you might like to see my new project which is a 1943 Willys MB. All I really know about it was that it was used by the australian military originally, sold off to a farm in another state from me, last registered in that state in 1975, then I bought it a few months ago from a different state again. I just got it running for the first time the other day and now I've just started the tear down which will make it easier to work on the mechanical side of things as well as the body which is solid but does need a fair bit of work.

View attachment 296519

Very nice.

I want to buy a cj-3b and restore it, that's my favorite older Jeep.

You should start a thread here chronicling your restoration, would love to read it.

Reactions: Tob and NashvilleTJ
Nice buy! I love those old girls! Please post up about your progress, would love to follow your restoration. Good luck with the project.

Reactions: John Cooper
Following. I'd love to have a project willys.

erokj and tjpurist they are both beautiful flatties there, hopefully mine will be half as nice one day!

I dont have any updates yet as my phone camera broke so havent been able to take any pictures - i did just get a new one for christmas so will make sure to take plenty from now but also have just had a big fuel fire in the corner of the shed - luckily the willys is fine but cant really work in there for the time being. will make sure to post updates soon though and keep you guys posted.

• Wow
Reactions: Alex01

Awesome, I restored a ‘43 GPW to “motor pool” condition. Lots of great information on the G503 Forum.

Have fun!

C70BCD42-5CCD-420C-A0A9-31DF269933DB.jpeg