Eddie’s build thread

Looks like you're off to a great start! I'd look into Armor underneath. If you haven't added anything, the oil pan is completely exposed. A Tummy Tuck is a little pricey because of the need to eliminate the Slip Yoke, replacing the drive shaft, replacing the motor mounts, & lifting the body, but I was able to gain 3 1/2 inches under the jeep and making the jeep completely protected and flat underneath. It allows you to slide over boulders that would normally be damaging expensive components. I want to say my total spend for the tummy tuck was about $900.

Some quick disconnects are a really cheap upgrade that really improve offroad capability if you're not ready to drop $400 on antirock swaybar. but with a 4" lift and disconnects, you need to also replace the front brake lines with longer ones.

I ran an ausi locker up front for a while, it made a difference offroad, but not nearly the difference of having a locker in the rear. Definitely would not do ausi in the rear though, the noise will drive you crazy after a while. I ended up putting an eaton e-locker in the rear, and liked it so much I replaced the ausi up front with the eaton. I ran 33's on the original 3.73 gears, but when I went to 35's, it was just too gutless. People will tell you your crazy for running 35's on a Dana 30/35 combo, but I've been doing it for years running some really tough trails without problems. I just don't let myself bounce, if I can't make it locked, I back up and try another approach.

I'd also consider armor under the gas tank. The stock is way to thin and if you come down off a ledge and smack your fuel pump or puncture the tank, it can wreck your day. Not that it will explode, you'll just be dead in your tracks.

thanks for the input, yep ive got about 1000 places for $1000.00 to go ha, Id love to do the sye/ford 8.8/CV drive shaft......one day. but i have extended my brake lines (both front and rear) so thats a step in the right direction. i do not have an oil pan skid plate.(ya might recommend one for me). I know the anitrock is supposed to be the best for off road and daily driver for articulation and safety. but i guess with caution, disconnecting is a good deal too for off road.

Reactions: Chris
Galaxy pictures 7-23-2018 141.jpg Galaxy pictures 7-23-2018 261.jpg Galaxy pictures 7-23-2018 158.jpg Galaxy pictures 7-23-2018 158.jpg Galaxy pictures 7-23-2018 263.jpg

Well I finally found my first build thread by changing the filters to look something up.
man I have come a long way from my last thread.
At this point I’m getting things together to install a 32RH transmission & out boarding shocks. & maybe adding high line fenders.

E8B332D4-CE89-4D09-B2ED-B650D2869734.jpeg

5E7CD3A7-C309-4C2E-B9EA-61921D75D1E1.jpeg

Reactions: Vasq
This was something Ive been wanting to do for some time now. Reason is because I’m really wanting to see how it works on the trails. Just in the past 2days that I’ve had it back running , it has been such a rush ! I’ve been like a kid in a candy shop.
I still have a little fine tuning and modifications to do , but it has been so nice to start a huge project (in my eyes) and complete it ( with some awesome help from this forum) . What a rush ! If you have any questions please ask.
PS adjusting and testing the kickdown cable is a lot of fun. Just ask.

Reactions: Chris
Glad it went good for you. I've never dealt with the 32RH so I couldn't help. It's looking really good.
How do you like it with those new tires?

So a Super 8 install and now a manual to auto swap. What's NEXT? Time for a V-8? 1 tons?

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Glad it went good for you. I've never dealt with the 32RH so I couldn't help. It's looking really good.
How do you like it with those new tires?

So a Super 8 install and now a manual to auto swap. What's NEXT? Time for a V-8? 1 tons?
Probably a 44 in due time plug & play
Tires are great and also have the SX2s also.
the auto is awesome

Reactions: Wildman
Im having a vibration when getting over 2500 + rpms. It doesn’t matter what gear my 3 speed automatic is in, it vibrates over 1500rpms.
wondering if it’s the flex plate ? Or torque converter? I really don’t think it’s my rear drive shaft because it wasn’t doing it before I swapped transmissions. And I do have my front drive shaft out ,.
another thing is I don’t have my middle exhaust hanger on yet, wonder it that vibrating ?

I’ll bet you’re enjoying the auto conversion when off-roading. I am so happy I ditched my manual transmission when it comes to off-roading.

Im having a vibration when getting over 2500 + rpms. It doesn’t matter what gear my 3 speed automatic is in, it vibrates over 1500rpms.
wondering if it’s the flex plate ? Or torque converter? I really don’t think it’s my rear drive shaft because it wasn’t doing it before I swapped transmissions. And I do have my front drive shaft out ,.
another thing is I don’t have my middle exhaust hanger on yet, wonder it that vibrating ?
Being that the vibration is RPM based, and not road speed based, you may be right about the flex plate or torque converter. Get the exhaust hanger fixed first, if only to eliminate that as a possibility.

I’ll bet you’re enjoying the auto conversion when off-roading. I am so happy I ditched my manual transmission when it comes to off-roading.
Man I am really enjoying it !! I’ve got a few little kinks to work out , but it’s so weird to jump in and just go. I can imagine how nice it will be on the trails.
I have 4.88 gears so I’m a little slower on the road. My RPMs at 55 mph are about 2300, I’ll have to get used to that. But when that trans goes into gear it ready to go !

Man I am really enjoying it !! I’ve got a few little kinks to work out , but it’s so weird to jump in and just go. I can imagine how nice it will be on the trails.
I have 4.88 gears so I’m a little slower on the road. My RPMs at 55 mph are about 2300, I’ll have to get used to that. But when that trans goes into gear it ready to go !
You’ll love it on the trails. It’s so great having one less thing to worry about and just being able to get in and go.