My review of the Vision X Vortex 7" LED headlights & Vision X 4.7" CG2 Light Cannon LED Fog Lights

Couple questions:

If you have both high and low beams shining simultaneously, does that mean you don’t have the option to use just the bright or low beams?

What about shining too much light on coming traffic?

I know nothing about halos. So maybe I’m missing something here?

No, you’re misunderstanding. With this adapter, when you turn on your high beams, the low beams will stay on with them. Right now when you turn on your high beams, the low beams go off.

Make sense?

Reactions: JMT
No, you’re misunderstanding. With this adapter, when you turn on your high beams, the low beams will stay on with them. Right now when you turn on your high beams, the low beams go off.

Make sense?

Perfectly. Thank you.

Reactions: Chris
Do the lights just plug into the factory harness?

Is the JK harness the same as the TJ?

The lights plug right in, yes. They come with an anti-flicker harness for use on JKs (since they use a CANBUS system), but it isn’t necessary to use on the TJs.

I bought these lights as my first modification for my 2005 LJ...it was a great choice. They are great. Light output is spectacular. Haven’t gotten any complaints from other drivers (flashing their lights) thinking they are to bright. Highly recommend!!

Would like to add...found mine on eBay for $450 for the pair...

Last edited:

Make sense?

With the Hi4 adapter, you get high and low beams (plus halo rings if you wired them up to your parking ambers), so all three sets illuminate. Regular lights will also use the halo if it's wired.

My next round of light projects is going to be an experiment with a shotky diode to make the halos blink with the side markers when I use my daytime running lights. Just waiting for my parts to come in for it, it might be cool (or not, we'll see).

Also, I had my mind set on the Truck Lites. I'm anxious to see pictures of these. I can see myself spending a little more for something like these...

I'm seeing that on the 4.7" light cannon, it doesn't specify that they are fog lights. I know that on the KC gravity LED series, they have fog, spot and driving LED lights.

I'm assuming that just having a bright LED light would work as well?

https://www.visionxusa.com/shop/4-7-cg2-led-light-cannon/#specWrap

You can use them for anything really, but I talked to the guys at Vision X, and he said they are commonly used as fog lights or auxiliary lights.

Also, I had my mind set on the Truck Lites. I'm anxious to see pictures of these. I can see myself spending a little more for something like these...

One reason I like these so much is that they look really good. Here's a photo of them on @jeep_boss's TJ:

645D6ED7-6EFE-477E-9A5F-3388C7AC945C.jpeg

Chris, will the Hi4 adapter work with the Amazon Knockoffs a lot of run to do the same thing with the brights and low beam?

Yes, it will work with any LED headlight!

Just be CAREFUL with the canon position bolts - those things are like grade 1 stainless that go into the aluminum housing! I snapped one off when I tightened them down with about 3lbs of torque. I wound up buying some grade 5 bolts and was careful not to break the housing.

I also epoxied the bolts in the housing and epoxied over my headlight torx screws to make it difficult for thieves. I have a magic SnapOn heated screwdriver if I really need to get them out ;-)

Reactions: KCsTJ and Chris
I purchased a set of these for my daughter for Christmas 2 years ago. I liked them after they were installed and bought a set for my LJ. I haven't seen anybody else running them in my area but get asked about them a lot. No problems getting flashed by oncoming traffic. I went with the JW fogs but Im thinking they are more of a driving / offroad light. If they are on then I get flashed

Reactions: Chris
I'm seeing that on the 4.7" light cannon, it doesn't specify that they are fog lights. I know that on the KC gravity LED series, they have fog, spot and driving LED lights.

I'm assuming that just having a bright LED light would work as well?

https://www.visionxusa.com/shop/4-7-cg2-led-light-cannon/#specWrap

The CG2 canons are over 10K raw lumens and VERY bright out of the box. You have to buy plastic filters that go over them to diffuse / disperse / spread light, although the no -filtered spread on them is insanely good.

They will blind on coming traffic so I wouldn't plan on using them on the road for fog. They are like miniature suns that do away with the need for a light bar. They also make them in a ~6-8", I can't remember.