My ride for the next few weeks

So that is a solid plan if one owns a vehicle and can come up with their own repeatable system. Problem is that when I travel and rent a car friggin' Avis has to put THREE of these things on one huge unbreakable lanyard. Some of these ridiculous "keys" are like half the size of an iPhone. I don't wear skinny jeans by any stretch, but there's no way I can function with 27 cubic inches of bulging rental keys in my pocket.
I understand completely!

The first think I do is cut the cable and only carry one key. I use a zip tie to put them back together when I return the car. I also travel with a pressure gauge and let the tires down to about 28-30 psi. The cars always have the tires inflated to max load pressure and makes the car ride like shit.
I have cut the cable on long term rentals. Way too much bulk to carry in a pocket regardless if it is keyless start or not.

I'm trying to figure out how a vehicle could be stolen because of push button start. Do you know the specifics? I had push button start in my Infiniti years ago and did like it. I'll admit it does sound right in a Jeep but it is a convenient feature.

Ask and it shall be answered

Almost two weeks now and I have to admit this thing is growing on me. I’m still not convinced it’s a real Jeep but there are a couple things I really like. Acceleration is right there with my Lexus. Enough to be squirrelly on wet roads. And the power sliding top. That’s the best part. It’s like being able to put the top down with the push of a button. The low tire pressure warning is annoying every time I start it though. It doesn’t like that lowered the tires to 26 psi but it rides so much better. Unfortunately it’s unlikely that I’ll get a day off to try any local trails, but it’s definitely better than your average rental car.

Reactions: tworley
The first think I do is cut the cable and only carry one key.

My last job I rented vehicles on a weekly basis, I always cut that damn cable. So annoying. They never once said anything about it.

Sticking it to the man, I like it! I bet you go in the "15 items or less" self checkout lane with 20 items all the time.

I have never once thought about doing anything to improve the ride on my shitbox rentals. Sometimes you just have to have something to rage at.
This may be the funniest post I’ve ever read. Good one man.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I finally got around to popping the hood. I was curious because it sure sounded like a turbo under there. To my surprise it’s DOHC 2.0 turbo I4. I didn’t even know that was an option on a 2019. Shows how much I care about the new Wranglers. I still have to admit. After three weeks it’s a pretty nice ride but not really a Jeep. Too many fancy gadgets.

So that is a solid plan if one owns a vehicle and can come up with their own repeatable system. Problem is that when I travel and rent a car friggin' Avis has to put THREE of these things on one huge unbreakable lanyard. Some of these ridiculous "keys" are like half the size of an iPhone. I don't wear skinny jeans by any stretch, but there's no way I can function with 27 cubic inches of bulging rental keys in my pocket.
After a while you do get used to functioning with 27 cubic inches in your jeans , I just played the hand nature gave me hehe :sneaky:

Our new MOAB continues to please. It was bought as an SUV for my wife. I suppose to a purist, the real Jeep started deteriorating in 1942. Mama likes her JL, that is good enough for me.

Reactions: fourpointzero