My surgery update

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
First I apologize for being talk to text so this money come out a little funky but my hand trimmers are too bad to write things out on my phone.

So in the recovery room the surgeon came in he said well my biggest fear going into the surgery was blood thinners, would you bleed out or would you have a stroke that wasn't the issue that was the biggest thing.

When I looked inside, your appendix was dead. Your appendix had also adhered to other organs. I've been doing this for a long time and I can tell you this was the worst appendix I have ever seen.

I had to tear it off the other organs and remove it but it was leaking in the process so I spent a lot of time flushing siphoning flushing siphoning then after that I had to scrape the outside of the organs that it attached to and flush even more.

So you ended up being in there a lot longer than we anticipated. You're going to be in a lot of pain for quite some time because you had things scraped that shouldn't be scraped they had things yanked around that are not supposed to be yanked around we had to blow in a lot of air so we could get in to do what we had to do so you can have a lot of pain from bloating. I said well I have a high tolerance to pain oh you don't have to tell me that you've been living with a dead body part inside of you that had to be excruciating I said well I just thought it was part of my IBS so I just curled up in a ball and dealt with it.

He said also a lot of those organs were swollen due to the fact of all the things that we had to do so that's going to cause issues too we put a drain in and they've had to empty it a ton of times that hangs off my side.

He said it's a good thing you came in when you did cuz if you had waited any longer we would have had even bigger problems.

I have had fentanyl oxy morphine you name it and my pain level is still 8 9 or 10.

Doctor said she had broken heart which mirrors a normal heart attack. You see on the news one spouse will pass then ten minutes later the other one does. So I guess I'm stuck with her. LOL 😆 just had some oxycodone, pain is at 8 now.

Doctor said she had broken heart which mirrors a normal heart attack. You see on the news one spouse will pass then ten minutes later the other one does. So I guess I'm stuck with her. LOL 😆 just had some oxycodone, pain is at 8 now.
Two weeks ago, my uncle was admitted to the hospital after suffering a heart attack. That same night, my aunt went home from visiting him, went to bed, and never woke up. I still don't know who it was that had the sad task of telling my uncle that his beloved wife had passed, but I do know that there was a huge concern that he would just give up once he learned the news. I'm happy to say that while he was devastated, he did not give up, and is recovering as well as can be expected. Point is, yes, what you mentioned is a very real thing. Glad you two will be around to be "stuck" with each other! ;)

Glad to hear you're still here and kickin around.

As someone who lived with PAIN for years I really feel for you. And we found out that morphine doesn't work on me when I was dealing with stuff. Hope that pain level comes down quickly and that you will soon be at low pain or no pain. It isn't any way to live and I know how much it can affect you.

Stay strong and don't try to grin and bear it. Let them reduce your pain since you'll heal quicker if the pain level is below a 5.

Okay I'm blown out like a balloon now they put a hose down my throat they put a hoes up my ass they showed me x-rays where my colon balls bladder you name it is like all extended and it looks like they're going to pop.

Hurts like you wouldn't believe the doctor was right about that but they keep giving me oxycodone morphine and a bunch of other drugs to get me through.

If after this don't make sense you can either blame it on the drugs or you can blame it on the pain I'm in and use and talk to text.

Really sad about missing out on my grandson's third birthday other than seeing him the thing I can't get out of my mind is up by the lake in the town next to it there's a pipe that comes down from the mountain from the spring and you can pull out and fill the water jugs or whatever man is it cold and it is so clean when I get out of here and I can that's one of the first things I want to do I'm going to lay down on the ground and I'm just going to have that poor on me while I drink as much as I can.

Okay I'm blown out like a balloon now they put a hose down my throat they put a hoes up my ass they showed me x-rays where my colon balls bladder you name it is like all extended and it looks like they're going to pop.

Hurts like you wouldn't believe the doctor was right about that but they keep giving me oxycodone morphine and a bunch of other drugs to get me through.

If after this don't make sense you can either blame it on the drugs or you can blame it on the pain I'm in and use and talk to text.

Really sad about missing out on my grandson's third birthday other than seeing him the thing I can't get out of my mind is up by the lake in the town next to it there's a pipe that comes down from the mountain from the spring and you can pull out and fill the water jugs or whatever man is it cold and it is so clean when I get out of here and I can that's one of the first things I want to do I'm going to lay down on the ground and I'm just going to have that poor on me while I drink as much as I can.
Hang in there, brother. You got this! Keep your eye on the prize (seeing your grandson, and visiting that idyllic spot where the cool water flows). Whatever it takes to get you through, man. (y)

This getting OLD Shit isn't for sissies let me tell you. Glad you're still kickin and able to text to us.

That water sounds great. As much as I know you wanted to be there for your grandson just think that now you will be there for the next 25-40 birthdays.... That is more important.

Well the pain is worse now then it's been. Last time I ate anything was over a week ago. They don't want me to even have ice chips. I told them I'm about done. They better start giving me something in an IV I'll be dying from heart issues.

They are testing the fluid in my drain bag, it might be mixed with urine because that is right near all the mess from the appendix was. I'm getting a cat scan in the morning.

I'm wondering if It would have been better to have taken the Jeep deep in the woods for one last ride?