My TJ OCD Project

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
These are my current projects in-store or completed to get my rig desert ready. Many of the things I am replacing show no signs of wear or leakage, but as it spent 15 years in other people's hands I assume nothing and want to minimize failure out in the sand. Picked up a rear door and spare tire mount today to replace the one in the jeep that has been tortured due to a too heavy spare on it. Also picked up four stock rims which I will put daily driver tires on, and save the 33's for desert only driving. All these items are purchased and in route to Dubai via internet vendors. The rig is actually in good, driving condition, starts, runs, shifts and stops no issue. Wheels are horribly out of balance and play in one ball. Tie-rod and drag links recently replaced along with the radiator. Will probably order the TPS and CPS as well. Zero leaks from engine tranny, transfer, rear end, minor weepage in RF axle. The previous owner did keep up with maintenance, but he only did what the wrench told him to do. I am perhaps OCD inclined.

TJ Projects

· Hard Top-finished

· Full doors-finished

· Rear door-finished

· Re-code locks-finished

· Remove old wiring-finished

· Repair front bumper-finished

· Re-upholster- finished

· Front rotors and pads

· Rear pads

· New U-Joints

· New Axle joints, bearings, seals