My TJ Project

JimT

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I had a CJ 5 in the 70's. We had a ball with it. Recently my son talked me into purchasing a 2003 TJ as a project. He and his friends all have big jeeps and spend frequent weekends doing what we used to do years ago. I decided it would be fun to tag along from time to time. My heated garage has been the site of many "Jeep weekends" when the guys would converge on our house to lift / build / modify one of the five or six jeeps in that group. It seams that the guys are excited to converge again to install the Metalcloak lift kit that I have purchased as a start to my build. I have begun the rust removal/treatment in preparation for the lift. More to come.

Reactions: MikeM and Chris
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase! You'll have to post some photos for us when you get a chance.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
I brought her home and started taking her apart. I hope to be driving this fall. Lift, body armor and bumper in boxes. First I need to finish the rust mitigation.

Did you add the diamond plate to the tailgate or was that done aleady? I don't think I've ever seen diamond plate used in that location before. It blends in pretty well.

New top. PO put diamond plate to hide a large rust hole. I have a replacement tailgate to replace this one once I finish painting it. Rust is a pain. We are already much better. The project part has been fun so far. I really look foreword to getting her together and running. The color is what sold us

Reactions: Chris
That is awsome to have all that help to build up a Tj. Your son and his freinds are probably just as excited as you are but just wait till you take her out on tbe road for the first time. Now IM excited. Cant wait to see the final pics.

I can see the task in front of you in regard to the body rust issues...it will be great to get that all taken care of in the end.

Can you elaborate on the MC suspension you plan to install, ie. size, components, end goal, and where you picked it up, if you don't mind?