My trusty truck

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
1997 F250 with a 460 and an E4OD tranny. Bone stock, everything maintained like new. New trucks just don't move me.

I don't blame you at all. New trucks don't move me either, I'm not a fan of any of them to be honest.

I like the older trucks!

107K on the clock. Replaced all wear items (literally). Refurbished the dana twin beam 50 up front and as I said, kept it bone stock. This one has never really been off road, it has just been a work truck that rarely works (it's a millennial). On a very rare occasion it pulls our horse trailer. Paint and interior are original and still presentable. I get offers all the time (many good ones), but can't imagine what I would replace it with. I am glad it is NOT a diesel. While diesels have their place, their place often ends up in your wallet. The 460 asks for nothing. I think 97 was the last year for the 460. Gas guzzler that is under powered considering its appetite, but still a good engine.

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ and StG58
That looks like a great truck. 460! Yeah! Unfortunately, I think 1997 was pretty close to the end of the twin beam front axle.😢

In the late 80s when the F series trucks started wrapping the front bumper all the way to the wheel wells it took a couple years for me to even to accept it, and then a couple more years to not dislike it. I'm sure by 1997 I actually thought it was pretty good.

It's now been 2 decades since Ford really started softening the whole truck body and I still fully hate where the bed was/is somewhat wrapped around the rear of the cab. I'm not even close to liking any of the other "aerodynamic" crappiness either.

Those are great trucks indeed! My favorite 4x4s are the 78-79 Fords but that is a different topic. Currently I am in both worlds, I have a 2014 F-150 that is absolutely great at what it does for towing my camper and such and I don't mind the looks at all. On the other end,I also have an '85 K20 Chevy squarebody that I spend more time fixing than driving but even with the horrible ride and squeaks, bangs and "what the hell was that noise?" I smile every time I drive it somewhere. Tons of character, unreliable, inefficient and rusty but it is my favorite truck to drive. Keep your truck as long as you can and enjoy! (y)

Last edited: