My wife got a new kidney!

astjp2

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
So my wife has been struggling with diabetes for 25 years now, type 1&2, yes that is a thing. In 2016 she got a pancreas transplant, it failed after about 2 years. Her kidneys failed about 3 years ago. Yesterday she got the call and they finished installing it last night around midnight. I hope it stays healthy for decades. Diabetes is a horrible disease, stay healthy my fellow tribe members.

So my wife has been struggling with diabetes for 25 years now, type 1&2, yes that is a thing. In 2016 she got a pancreas transplant, it failed after about 2 years. Her kidneys failed about 3 years ago. Yesterday she got the call and they finished installing it last night around midnight. I hope it stays healthy for decades. Diabetes is a horrible disease, stay healthy my fellow tribe members.
Here's praying/hoping for years and years of success and good health with the new kidney, my friend!

Great news and best wishes for your wife. I'll keep her in my prayers and thoughts.

I'm type 2 & my niece and nephew are both type 1 plus I've had a few friends who were type 1 so I can understand some of what you're going through.
Let's hope this takes and lasts for many years to come.

Congrats to your wife. I hope everything takes as it should.

My wife is a living organ donor, but not her kidney. She gave half of her liver to her mother 15 years ago. Her mother was nearly on her death bed at the time, and now she's still going strong. You don't mention how she got the kidney, but if it was from a living donor, that's a special person. My wife is amazing.

Reactions: Squatch
She was up and walking/standing, 18 hours from closing her incision.
I’m so happy that your wife is up and moving that is very important after this surgery! I’m a living donor (kidney) Houston Memorial 02/05/04. They had myself and my brother up and moving the next morning. They discharge me 3 days after, walking and body functions had a lot to do with being released. I hope she has a speedy and full recovery. Every day will be better!

F8DD514B-D620-4E15-83F7-81BD51BEDBBD.jpeg
733D43B3-04BC-4EC6-B993-0D3B99C77F3E.jpeg

That’s great news, each day will be better! Being at home, positive attitude, and pain management will help with her healing and recovery.