My work trailer

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
I thought some of you (including @Jerry Bransford) might appreciate this:

IMG_20190410_142343719_HDR_50.jpg

Be honest. Did you organize it just for the pucture?
No sir it stays like that 100% of the time and has for five years.

It is set up so you don't have to move anything to get to anything else.

Everything has a dedicated place

The more frequently we use a tool to closer it is to the back

Every accessory is close to the tool that goes with.

even the fastener bins have magnets that have a specific bit on the magnet for that fastener

The air compressor drains out the bottom

It has a shore cord for power and built-in battery chargers for tools

It has a microwave oven

there is an article on the internet called Andy's amazing trailer that one of the tool companies did...what I'm most proud of is that I began learning so much at 47 years old about tool and material management it is unbelievable...and I'm now 52 , and still learning more and more about how to be efficient.

it is amazing to me that I worked so hard for a decade-and-a-half out here in construction before I really began to wake up.

Last edited:
Is this your shop?
Thanks for sharing this with us. This is so inspiring.
:)
It’s my 7x 14 enclosed trailer . I’m a remodeler....I won’t go install a light switch cover without it Matthew. Basically a shop on wheels.

Reactions: Travis
Very impressive. Nice work. Ive never organized anything that well in all my 54 years. Nothing. But then again putting food on the table never depended on it ... but to be honest Id probably end up starving :)

The people at Nestle Purina would pay you millions to do something like this for them. We are transitioning our work areas to he more efficient, we are failing at the process. They (we) need to be inspired. Somehow.

The people at Nestle Purina would pay you millions to do something like this for them. We are transitioning our work areas to he more efficient, we are failing at the process. They (we) need to be inspired. Somehow.
Man there is so much information out there... They should reach out to Paul Akers... He owns Fastcap manufacturing and he is the leanest man on the planet.

Remember to talk to them about these principles...

You absolutely have to set up your tools so that you never move anything to get to anything else.

Everything you use has to have a dedicated place

Here is how you can tell that you don't have it right.... You're constantly having to straighten it back out.

Another key is it will tell you if something is missing.

call has a lot of videos about little things his company does they ask every employee every day to come up with one good contribution to making systems more efficient...and it will be the simplest things like making sure there is a colored piece of copier in the copy machine that tells the person that reaches that piece of paper to turn around and add paper.

People tell me all the time that they can't be organized... Normally is because they've never learn how.

I began learning at 47 years old and I'll tell anyone not only that you can be , but in today's competitive economy with the cost of living as high as it is companies and small businesses need to be to survive.

Keep in mind I only have a 7 foot by 14 foot space..

Also keep in mind storing things is really different than working with things. when you store things you can break all the rules as long as you can find them later.

I was essentially bankrupt in 2011 but I didn't file... I paid everything back.

I drive an f250 Diesel.

I paid cash for my 2003 Rubicon with 20,000 miles.

I have a KTM dirt bike.

I have practically no trade debt and no personal debts except my house.

This is all happened since I began doing the things in this thread.

Reactions: Travis
I've worked on fighter aircraft for the last 15 years and have been in work areas less organized than that. Impressive!

Heres mine, just 5x10 for my chimney sweeping, installing business.

View attachment 88638

Complete with a tip out radial arm saw.

View attachment 88639

It weighs under 2000# and is towed daily with mt TJR.

View attachment 88640
what is really impressive about the setup is that it is uncluttered and makes really good use of the trailer size... This is a guy that's going to work with just what he needs.

I would imagine in your area there's not a Home Depot on every corner and you have learned to make it count when you get to the job.