My Wrangler TJ has the most comfortable seats ever...

Ahhh, but my 05 TJ seats make my lower back feel so good! Seriously, I’m not sure why they do, but they do!

Reactions: Starrs
Of all the BMWs, Hondas, Toyotas, and numerous other vehicles I've owned, this TJ has amazingly comfortable seats. They're the only car seats I've found that don't actually hurt my back. Crazy, isn't it?

Rolls-Royce Phantom coupe is at the top of my list for most comfortable seats. Second to that would have to be the 78 Cadillac Coupe de'Ville D'Elagance. It's like being suspended in butter man!

I don't know if there is a difference in the TJ seats between the years, but I do know that there is very little difference between the TJ seats, and...are you ready for this???...my AMC Gremlin seats. It's true, and if you think about it, not that far of a stretch. AMC owned Jeep before Mother Mopar did, and American Motors was always interchanging parts between their different models due to budgetary constraints. Gremlin, Hornet, Matador and Jeep all shared the same bucket seats for a number of years...
An AMC Gremlin?!? My sister had a green one in high school back in the 70's. Would stop for $1 of gas. Thanks for bringing me back on a Sunday morning while I enjoy my coffee.

Reactions: Squatch and Starrs
Could be, but I have yet to find another vehicle that comes close. These are some damn comfy seats.

Might be mind over matter lol.

I remember my dad in his 60's was so smiley riding his Willys back then and we kids are complaining about the seats hurting our butts.

Ahhh, but my 05 TJ seats make my lower back feel so good! Seriously, I’m not sure why they do, but they do!

I experienced the exact same thing without explanation.
Owned a bunch of vehicles with adjustable " Captains chair " , conforming race style, you name it and TJ beats them all for comfort.
I was going to start a thread like this but didn't want people thinking i was CRAZY.

I experienced the exact same thing without explanation.
Owned a bunch of vehicles with adjustable " Captains chair " , conforming race style, you name it and TJ beats them all for comfort.
I was going to start a thread like this but didn't want people thinking i was CRAZY.

It's strange, isn't it? I have chronic low back pain for whatever reason. Nothing wrong with my spine (had the X-rays), but the doctor says it's because the muscles in my back are incredibly tight and tense. Anyways, most chairs hurt it with the exception of my $1500 office chair (yes, it's amazing), and the TJ seats. All the seats in every other vehicle I've owned are okay for about 30 minutes of driving, then it really kicks in with the low back pain.

The TJ seats are so basic, but for whatever reason, they just don't bother my back whatsoever. It's amazing!

An AMC Gremlin?!? My sister had a green one in high school back in the 70's. Would stop for $1 of gas. Thanks for bringing me back on a Sunday morning while I enjoy my coffee.
LOL I have a yellow '71 sitting behind my garage waiting for me to drop my 401 V8 into it. I've owned a few of 'em. Love the little cars...

It's strange, isn't it? I have chronic low back pain for whatever reason. Nothing wrong with my spine (had the X-rays), but the doctor says it's because the muscles in my back are incredibly tight and tense. Anyways, most chairs hurt it with the exception of my $1500 office chair (yes, it's amazing), and the TJ seats. All the seats in every other vehicle I've owned are okay for about 30 minutes of driving, then it really kicks in with the low back pain.

The TJ seats are so basic, but for whatever reason, they just don't bother my back whatsoever. It's amazing!
ATTENTION: All TJ owners
WARNING: Look how we become :(
CONCLUSION: Our wives probably think we are all TJ lunatics :)

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
The only seat that is just as comfortable as my TJ's seat is our motorhome's seats. That captain's chair fold down armrest just seems to add a level of comfort. Placebo effect for sure.

Reactions: Chris and Starrs
I love the bench seat in my '90 Dodge pick-up. Though some claim it's like sitting on a park bench, I've found I can drive it for nine-hour stretches without any back pain whatsoever. Have done so at least a dozen times. Even my '03 Lincoln Town Car can't compete with that...

Last edited:
The TJ seats are fantastic but compared to my previous beach buggy seats which were just moulded plastic (no padding) anything is an improvement.

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
My stock seat had just about seen better days so I picked up a Mastercraft Baja RS, once you figure out how to get in and out gracefully without the thigh bolster getting shoved up your crack it is a VERY comfortable seat. Now I just need to find a deal on a passenger one so they match:p

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
Ok.... I like my tj 05 seats... but NOT for its lower back comfort.

I put one of those office chair mesh supports to ease the lower back.

I did the same AND because I am long leg/short body I raised the seats 2" to get more weight on the front of my legs and off my butt and eliminating some of the spine curvature. This also got my elbow off of the inside door pull. Now the seat is acceptable and I can handle at least 4-5 hour rides - - about like the 8 way seats of the Avalanche.
The worst has to be my wife's Ford Explorer- in spite of heat/cool/and a gazillion possible adjustments within 30 minutes I just want to get out and scream.