Mystery TJ Dana 44 axle | Need help identifying it

TexasTJ2004

I love my TJ
Supporting Member
I have bought a Dana 44 axle, that came from another TJ. It has all the perches for TJ, but have also some additional components, that i am unable to identify.
It looks like at a distance of 3-4 inches from the end of the differential housing itself, it has some additional perches. On each side of the axle, it has additional welded bracket for something that i dont understand. One perch is large with big hole, and second perch looks like it is 2 nuts soldered inside, similar to what you put for leaf suspension. However, the angles at which these perches are located (also the fact that they are too close for the center of the axle) makes it completely useless for suspension purposes.
The axle is WSM > to < WSM (Wheel Surface Mount) of ~60.5. Bolt pattern is TJ pattern.
Can you guys help identifying what is this axle and what are these additional perches?

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

The brackets on the front with the nuts behind them look like sway bar bushing mounts.

The pieces on the back more toward the center are not stock. Maybe they were tie down lugs for strapping the rear end to a trailer?

It also appears you have some custom (raised?) shock mounts?

The brackets on the front with the nuts behind them look like sway bar bushing mounts.

The pieces on the back more toward the center are not stock. Maybe they were tie down lugs for strapping the rear end to a trailer?

The back ones are indeed for tying down. They look like the ones Mac's tie downs came out with.

The axle came with shock mount extension (and also Track bar relocation bracket). The mystery for me were these suspected parts with big holes.