Washington Naches, Funny Rocks

Added to Calendar: 10-23-20, 10-24-20

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Looking for someone to run these trails with October 23, 24. *or make a better ROCK suggestion.. I’m in Spokane, it’s a bit of a drive for me, I’ll be camping, but really want to hit these rocks. Not sure what the weather will be like in that area at that time. Only been in WA for a year. I’m so tired of wheelin in soft dirt At the local ORV I could throw up. I’m used to rocks back in TX and in Moab. My rig is sitting perfect, so I’m ready to roll. Anyone in?

Reactions: Alex01 and Vasq

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Big maybe for me, I’ll see when the time gets closer.
my group usually does a night run over the wagon trail the weekend it closes (nov 7th?) then we hit the rocks the next day. Can be spotty that time of year on weather there will be snow or not.

Reactions: JMT
OP
JMT

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Big maybe for me, I’ll see when the time gets closer.
my group usually does a night run over the wagon trail the weekend it closes (nov 7th?) then we hit the rocks the next day. Can be spotty that time of year on weather there will be snow or not.
Maybe I could join your group. Not the best time for me, but at this point I may go over the edge if I don’t wheel somewhere decent.

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Cool, but before you commit you should know our schedule.
Saturday night, like meet in Enumclaw around 6ish and hit the trail out of Greenwater around 8 or so. Be done running around 1-2 AM sleep till 7ish AM , breakfast at Whistlin jacks around 8AM be at the rocks Sunday around 10-11 AM, play for an hour or two then head home.
This is our only non family friendly run of the year. Kids under 15 stay at home for this one. Some of the adults may have some adult beverages or such.
Not trying to dissuade you from coming, just setting you up for what you can expect from us on this run in particular. This is not the run to judge us on as we are 99% of the time a pretty family oriented group.
In the past we have had new people come with us on this run and never want to come out with us again due to the amount we partied. That was also 15 years ago and we don’t do it that hard anymore, but ya never know when someone wants relive their youth.
like I said though, every other run we do is totally different from this one run. Most of us have kids and families and and just love getting out in the woods with them and doing some jeepin

steelhd

TJ Enthusiast
Looking for someone to run these trails with October 23, 24. *or make a better ROCK suggestion.. I’m in Spokane, it’s a bit of a drive for me, I’ll be camping, but really want to hit these rocks. Not sure what the weather will be like in that area at that time. Only been in WA for a year. I’m so tired of wheelin in soft dirt At the local ORV I could throw up. I’m used to rocks back in TX and in Moab. My rig is sitting perfect, so I’m ready to roll. Anyone in?
Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks are cool but but together they are only a partial day destination. Fun but there is only so much there. There is a lot of awesome wheeling at Liberty, Naches, and Rimrock. Don't kid yourself that "the rocks" at Moon and Funny are the most challenging or interesting.

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks are cool but but together they are only a partial day destination. Fun but there is only so much there. There is a lot of awesome wheeling at Liberty, Naches, and Rimrock. Don't kid yourself that "the rocks" at Moon and Funny are the most challenging or interesting.
This is very true, I’m board after like an hour of being there unless it’s a big weekend and a lot of dumb a$$’s are rolling their $h!t boxes. There are a lot of great trail running up there though, especially off the Manashtash side.
Also Liberty has a ton of good hill climbs that get real interesting when things get wet.
Rimrock is also a great time, harder than Liberty, scary in some places, but always fun.

OP
JMT

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This is very true, I’m board after like an hour of being there unless it’s a big weekend and a lot of dumb a$$’s are rolling their $h!t boxes. There are a lot of great trail running up there though, especially off the Manashtash side.
Also Liberty has a ton of good hill climbs that get real interesting when things get wet.
Rimrock is also a great time, harder than Liberty, scary in some places, but always fun.
Yeah, I get it. I’ve been there. Wheeled Wolf Caves, one of the top 12 places to wheel in the US (according to Genright) for years. Know the owner well and wheeled there for free while everyone else paid. WA is all new wheelin territory for me and I’ve been cooped up due to stupid ass Gov Inslee and the rest of the ass-tards the last 7 months. I want to get out, wheel, Meet some new folks, have a few brewskies. You guys know the good spots. Someone local mentioned Reiter’s. It’s 5 hours for me, but I don’t care, been in WA over a year and haven’t been west of Spokane International Airport. Almost Sounds like I’m looking for a support system. I may be, soon.

-JMT

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Yeah, I get it. I’ve been there. Wheeled Wolf Caves, one of the top 12 places to wheel in the US (according to Genright) for years. Know the owner well and wheeled there for free while everyone else paid. WA is all new wheelin territory for me and I’ve been cooped up due to stupid ass Gov Inslee and the rest of the ass-tards the last 7 months. I want to get out, wheel, Meet some new folks, have a few brewskies. You guys know the good spots. Someone local mentioned Reiter’s. It’s 5 hours for me, but I don’t care, been in WA over a year and haven’t been west of Spokane International Airport. Almost Sounds like I’m looking for a support system. I may be, soon.

-JMT
I haven’t been to “new” Reiter but used to go there a lot back when it was the ‘old” Reiter and it was a blast. Some super hard, some not so hard stuff. I loved that place. I have a couple friends that have been to it lately and tell me it’s super tough. They keep building new stuff out there also. I’ll probably head there sometime soon since it’s pretty close

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
OP
JMT

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I haven’t been to “new” Reiter but used to go there a lot back when it was the ‘old” Reiter and it was a blast. Some super hard, some not so hard stuff. I loved that place. I have a couple friends that have been to it lately and tell me it’s super tough. They keep building new stuff out there also. I’ll probably head there sometime soon since it’s pretty close
Alright, let's do this.

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Alright, sorry for the late notice but got the conformation we are heading out tomorrow night on this run. Will
Meet in the Enumclaw Safeway parking lot at 7PMish dinner at 6ish at Frankie’s pizza (I won’t be there for that) . Ru. The wagon trail over around 8i-9ish
Will camp in Longs medow (near ravens roost) late Saturday night.
I’m pumped as fuck.
Probably 7 jeeps

Wildman

Over Analizer Extraordinaire...............
Supporting Member

For some good info and a map of Reiter check this out....

OP
JMT

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Alright, sorry for the late notice but got the conformation we are heading out tomorrow night on this run. Will
Meet in the Enumclaw Safeway parking lot at 7PMish dinner at 6ish at Frankie’s pizza (I won’t be there for that) . Ru. The wagon trail over around 8i-9ish
Will camp in Longs medow (near ravens roost) late Saturday night.
I’m pumped as fuck.
Probably 7 jeeps
Crap, I work Sunday’s. Have fun.

Reactions: Wildman

Blackjack

TJ Enthusiast
7 mile getting to you? It sucks that 9 mile was closed because of stupid people as that is where the rocks are.