Naches trail / funny / moon rocks

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Well last night a couple friends and myself did what used to be our annual “Sleepless Run”. It was annual until I moved but I’m back now so Game On

So we did our usual meet up at 8 PM Friday night(so I left my house at 7 PM) at a pizza joint in Enumclaw, after some dinner we gassed up and ran hwy 410 till we hit FS Rd 70 and drove to the staging lot, and aired down. We followed the gravel road a bit till we hit the entrance to the “Wagon Trail” ( about 9:30-10)

We ran up the first climb with no problems. Then we ran into a couple other Jeepers that HAD some problems. One had rolled his TJ down a hill, but had it back on all 4 wheels by the time we arrived. He pulled the plugs, and checked all fluids, one of my friends gave him a quart of atf then they moved aside so we could continue. They were both safe, one had a trailer waiting and the Jeep had very minimal damage, looked like a beat up fender and soft top. He also had a real good cage.

From there every thing else went good, kinda slow but nobody was in a hurry. About the 1/2 way mark we made a friend, some guy named Jeff and his Boston terrier running the trail in their Baddass CJ 6 ( if you have a CJ 6 and your wheeling it, you and your rig are automatically Baddass IMO) He thought we looked like a fun group so he decided to tag along for the rest of the trail.

We finished running the trail and set up camp around 1:30-2 AM then hung out at the fire till about 3 before calling it a night.(“Sleepless Run” remember)
Anyway we all woke up around 8AM, it was cold and rainy so we all quickly tore camp down and went to Whistlin Jacks for some breakfast.

Next we decided to go play at the rocks so we were off again, no issues on the trails we took to get there, didn’t see anyone else on the trails even. Just an easy drive there.

Funny Rocks was the first place we hit up, it was cold and slick, traction was not happening, the easy likes were tough and the hard lines sucked. So after playing around a bit we decided to head over to Moon Rocks where the traction is usually better. It was but only slightly, but the fog rolled in making visibility the issue here. Again we only played for a little bit but hung out and BS’ed for a while before deciding it was time to head towards home. This is where our new friend Jeff said bye since his home was in the Thorp.

The rest of us headed back to Whistlin Jacks to gas up before the drive home. We decided that we could take HWY 410 but opted for pyramid pass since it’s usually faster and all gravel. We got to the area we aired down in the night before to air up this time and headed out on the pavement towards home, I got home at 5 PM this evening. Pretty fun 22 Hrs!

Reactions: Vasq
Pic time, I didn’t take too many since I was leading the whole time, so no action shots of me but here ya go.

Me: Silver TJ
Carl: Green TJ
Mikey: Green YJ
Jeff: Yellow CJ6

4183229D-6BE7-48CE-9CFC-D95B2233895D.jpeg

35D55A52-8CE6-4DD7-B7DA-E490948F7C00.jpeg

C33D7FF4-7A10-4A99-9451-5F2FA76B6B50.jpeg

D5F84AB7-C0A4-48B7-B5D3-0B4D81DED2C3.jpeg

8044CB47-B51C-4681-80D0-D13578B57593.jpeg

E5CB3179-0EF8-4E87-863D-80DAE4352007.jpeg

5B34E6CF-7D74-4158-937E-77C3B2C1D05C.jpeg

0AE8AE08-B63F-43BA-B27A-5962EA33B2C8.jpeg

C89008C3-20A2-4DD5-9C71-08533BC6940C.jpeg

6430ACFB-A297-4612-84D0-A9722FDD4CFB.jpeg

Reactions: JLLJ, JMT and Vasq
I was there for the first time when we attended Trail Jam in July... and broke a u joint. What an awesome fun place. I'm jealous you live so close, it's about a 2.5 hour drive for us, at least from the trail head I know of. — nice pics!

I was there for the first time when we attended Trail Jam in July... and broke a u joint. What an awesome fun place. I'm jealous you live so close, it's about a 2.5 hour drive for us, at least from the trail head I know of. — nice pics!
Wow what part of Seattle do you live in? I’m in Renton and it’s just over an hour with no traffic, my brother lives in Bothell and it’s under 2 hrs with no traffic.

Super fun time though!

We're north of Bothell... but again I only know the one way in, which is from the Naches side. Sounds like you went in from the other side, which I've never been :)

We're north of Bothell... but again I only know the one way in, which is from the Naches side. Sounds like you went in from the other side, which I've never been :)

Yeah we started on the Greenwater side, sometimes we run a loop that starts on the Greenwater side and end up coming out of Cle Elum. I prefer running trails on the Cle Elum/Elensburg side personally, but all trails are fun

Lookin good for my 33’s, but why not throw on some 35’s!

• Wow
Cool area! Has to be a great run in a Jeep. I've only been there on ATVs.

BTW, I believe it's Pyramid Creek or Pyramid Peak near Naches.
Pyramid Pass is in PendO'reille county....far NE corner of the state.

That looks really fun even for my little 32's 😜
Lookin good for my 33’s, but why not throw on some 35’s!

In the summer it’s all doable completely stock, this time of year you really need minimum 1 locker.

Usually this time of year there’s a good dumping of snow so I would say 35’s and 2 locker, plus you’d still have to pull winch line , and probably bypass the last hill climb.

Reactions: Vasq and JMT
Good, gives me time to keep installing things (aka Sliders) so I'll be ready for next summer/winter runs :geek:

I'm at 33's and 2 lockers. 4.25" of overall lift up front 3.75" in rear. I'd have to upgrade my shafts front and rear and upgrade to BMBpads to go to 35's. TT is first on the list though. I have some vibes going up hills when the rear is light. I must be right on the edge in terms of my driveline angles. The TT with SYE and DC would hopefully resolve that.

I'm at 33's and 2 lockers. 4.25" of overall lift up front 3.75" in rear. I'd have to upgrade my shafts front and rear and upgrade to BMBpads to go to 35's. TT is first on the list though. I have some vibes going up hills when the rear is light. I must be right on the edge in terms of my driveline angles. The TT with SYE and DC would hopefully resolve that.
You still gunna do the normal SYE and skip the super short?