Name that lift!

Mikester86

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 U
Supporting Member
Hi all, recent purchase of 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport with what I make out to be a 4” suspension lift. Are there any identifiers in the pics that would allude to the brand of said lift? If different pics will be helpful, please let me know of what?

I appreciate the help, as I have zero clue. The shocks are Rancho 5000’s, no idea on the steering stabilizer.

E9BB8BAD-8198-4B7B-9EEB-DA750544318D.jpeg

8808448C-1741-43D5-9166-628253773004.jpeg

8C8A769D-1AD6-4BA8-BD7D-44AFD27623D6.jpeg

DEC8649A-5DDD-4469-A00F-B0CA5D484007.jpeg

From what I can see, Currie control arms, Rubicon Express track bar, unknown sway bar links. Are you getting any bump steer? That drop pitman arm may be the culprit if you are.

From what I can see, Currie control arms, Rubicon Express track bar, unknown sway bar links. Are you getting any bump steer? That drop pitman arm may be the culprit if you are.
It tracks straight and no death wobble. Would a stock pitman arm be recommended? Would it alter the angle negatively? Thank you!

Fabtech comes to mind with a blue cover.

Measure the springs, anything over 12" in front or 8" in the rear is the amount of lift.

Are they currie? I thought that too at first but they almost look to small in diameter to be currie.

Fabtech comes to mind with a blue cover.

Measure the springs, anything over 12" in front or 8" in the rear is the amount of lift.

Are they currie? I thought that too at first but they almost look to small in diameter to be currie.
I measured the springs, and that’s where I got the 4” lift from. Thank you, another item I learned on this forum! When would a drop pitman arm be required? Is it an issue if torqued correctly?

A drop pitman arm is typically used with lifts over 4" in where the track bar is lowered at the frame side mount. Your tb is not lowered, so I'm not sure why the PO put the drop pitman arm on there. The drag link and track bar need to run parallel to each other so as not to induce bump steer. Don't confuse bump steer with death wobble. Two different animals.

Possibly slightly over 4” , not sure if the pic means much. The tires are 35”. The PO stated 6”, I don’t think it’s that much. The spring measurements told me 4”, and I do not see a body lift.

1483E49A-BF3B-4B1B-ABFA-1ACADDE56863.jpeg

Check the springs. Mine have Currie written on the powder coating. Definitely Currie control arms. What do the rear control arms look like?

A drop pitman arm is typically used with lifts over 4" in where the track bar is lowered at the frame side mount. Your tb is not lowered, so I'm not sure why the PO put the drop pitman arm on there. The drag link and track bar need to run parallel to each other so as not to induce bump steer. Don't confuse bump steer with death wobble. Two different animals.
The times I have driven it before storing for the winter, no bump steer to speak of. Eye ball test places them on the same plane, or damn close. I can check more accurately later. The PO did all the steering components from the pitman arm to the wheels (inner and outer tie rods, centerlink/drag link, adjustment sleeve). He had all eight control arms replaced (four upper and four lower). It was also aligned. It was done at a reputable shop. **Edit: Apparently not reputable enough as they did nothing to replace the drop pitman arm that needs removal***

Last edited: