Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

i bet if you got a long enough mama bar over that stub you can tweek it down some.
but kinda looks like time for a new guard bar.

i bet if you got a long enough mama bar over that stub you can tweek it down some.
but kinda looks like time for a new guard bar.
It would take quite a bit to bend it - as it's welded to the axle in four places - but it looks like I may be able to get away with just replacing the piece in front of the diff - which took the brunt of the hits. I'll just need to pick up a new tube joint.

This is a better view of the bar:

Pictures 3-20-2011 002.JPG

Reactions: someguysjeep
ya, i see all the legs now. ya, cut out and replace that section might be the easiest way.
if you think it's needs to be more you could run a length of angle welded along the face without adding much more weight once you do your fix.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
COOL!!!

Ermm... what is it? :)
It's for joining tubing, allowing the joint to be disassembled. Hard to see here, but I've circled the two in my hydo mount. This allows me to remove that section of tubing to service the diff.

Pictures 3-12-2011 040.jpg

That's the section of tube I have to replace to fix my front end damage from the last wheeling trip.

Here's the joint separated. Each half welds into an end of the tubing. This one is for 1.75x.120 DOM.

Tube Joint.jpg

Last edited:
It's for joining tubing, allowing the joint to be disassembled. Hard to see here, but I've circled the two in my hydo mount. This allows me to remove that section of tubing to service the diff.

View attachment 261447

That's the section of tube I have to replace to fix my front end damage from the last wheeling trip.

Here's the joint separated. Each half welds into an end of the tubing. This one is for 1.75x.120 DOM.

View attachment 261448
That's pretty slick, haven't seen something like that before.

a rear 14 bolt with disc brakes came up last night on FB for 150$.......................thinkin about it.

What year is it? And do you know the truck?
waiting on an answer.

can't get these out of my head either........ i don't have the funds at hand to drop outright, but the $ is a good deal, IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1163565817456981/?ref=saved&referral_code=null
update: seller says it's an 01 but they did switch out to the AAM axle for the 01 series. so it's either a used leftover from 00 stock or he doesn't have any clue.
he doesn't know the width either, the info i find says it could be 67.5 for a SRW or 63.5 for a CnC axle or 72 if it were a DRW.

14b.PNG

Last edited:
I love this Jeep, congrats on such a great build!
I showed the wife a few of your pictures and told her here is our next purchase. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
waiting on an answer.

can't get these out of my head either........ i don't have the funds at hand to drop outright, but the $ is a good deal, IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1163565817456981/?ref=saved&referral_code=null
update: seller says it's an 01 but they did switch out to the AAM axle for the 01 series. so it's either a used leftover from 00 stock or he doesn't have any clue.
he doesn't know the width either, the info i find says it could be 67.5 for a SRW or 63.5 for a CnC axle or 72 if it were a DRW.

View attachment 261697
That look exacly like mine, which is an ‘03. My guess is it is the SRW at 67.5”. For $150 I’d jump on it. I paid almost $300 for mine from a pick and pull. They nailed me because it had the rotors and brake calipers - which I did not use.

Reactions: someguysjeep
That look exacly like mine, which is an ‘03. My guess is it is the SRW at 67.5”. For $150 I’d jump on it. I paid almost $300 for mine from a pick and pull. They nailed me because it had the rotors and brake calipers - which I did not use.
You must have a nice pick and pull. Was at my local one the other day and asked for a price on one of the newer Tundra 10.5" rear axles. $1500...

odds favor it being a SRW axle. the rotors and calipers look like crap, but it gives me some cores.
trying to find out what kind of options the seller might have if any for loading that pig.

edited: got confirmation this eve it's a 67.5, and unless cash beats me to it, it's mine this wkend. guy's all down for that and got a tractor to load it.

Last edited: