Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

I spent too long in the university. 188 hours just to get my bachelors degree cuz I didn’t know what I wanted to do. Then to punish myself I went back and took 88 more hours to get really edumecated. Now my second job is adjunct faculty teaching one semester a year at a graduate school. Engineering would be interesting though. Math was my forte but never went past Cal 2 and I’d need a big refresher. Homeschooling the kids keeps me around education constantly. I’m usually trying to get away from everything academic (see my bolt on build thread 🤣). I hate grading papers. I apologize for clogging up your build thread @NashvilleTJ
Not a problem at all, @JMT. It’s nice to get a bunch of posts to the thread - regardless of the subject.

I get it on the math. When I was doing my undergraduate work, I got to my last semester having met all the requirements for my major and a minor - I just needed about 15 credits to get to the 120 required to graduate. I could have coasted, but I always enjoyed economics - so in that last semester I took five upper level economics courses to pick up that degree as well. Upper level econ is heavy, heavy on the calculus side - but today I wouldn’t recognize a differential equation if it bit me in the ass.

But even building the rig, I still use trig, geometry and algebra all the time - so all that study was worth it.

Not a problem at all, @JMT. It’s nice to get a bunch of posts to the thread - regardless of the subject.

I get it on the math. When I was doing my undergraduate work, I got to my last semester having met all the requirements for my major and a minor - I just needed about 15 credits to get to the 120 required to graduate. I could have coasted, but I always enjoyed economics - so in that last semester I took five upper level economics courses to pick up that degree as well. Upper level econ is heavy, heavy on the calculus side - but today I wouldn’t recognize a differential equation if it bit me in the ass.

But even building the rig, I still use trig, geometry and algebra all the time - so all that study was worth it.
Diff EQ, one of my best math classes. Don't remember any of it.

And you do a good job using them to build your rig. You've got the 'know how' and the 'how to' to accomplish really cool and utilitarian mods. Me, I rely on people like you, @Mike_H, @bobthetj03, and countless others, I won't bother alerting the guru mrblaine! 🤣

Diff EQ, one of my best math classes. Don't remember any of it.
Add me to the list. Mech eng degree, so much math, I lost count of how many classes I had to take. I can barely remember how to do an integral, let alone Diff-E-Que.

I use trig, geometry, and algebra all the time though.

And you do a good job using them to build your rig. You've got the 'know how' and the 'how to' to accomplish really cool and utilitarian mods. Me, I rely on people like you, @Mike_H, @bobthetj03, and countless others, I won't bother alerting the guru mrblaine! 🤣
Yep - I dread the day Blaine sticks his head in here...

• Haha
Reactions: gasiorv and Wildman
While digging around my old parts pile this weekend I came across this: It's the Currie HD steering linkage for a TJ. I ran this years ago on my Dana 30. If anyone is interested, it's free to a good home.

IMG_9762.JPG

While digging around my old parts pile this weekend I came across this: It's the Currie HD steering linkage for a TJ. I ran this years ago on my Dana 30. If anyone is interested, it's free to a good home.

View attachment 286127
Are you sure thats a currie setup? Tie rod looks skinny and the drag link looks nothing like mine (castle nut on TR isnt recessed, bend just before drag adjustment sleeve...)

Are you sure thats a currie setup? Tie rod looks skinny and the drag link looks nothing like mine (castle nut on TR isnt recessed, bend just before drag adjustment sleeve...)
+1 - it doesn't look like any Currie steering I have seen unless they changed the design at some point (but I don't believe they did).

+1 - it doesn't look like any Currie steering I have seen unless they changed the design at some point (but I don't believe they did).
Pretty sure. Before I posted this I went back and checked because I could not remember what it was. Bought it back in '06 from Quadratec. I actually had the original steering as well and compared the two. Dimensionally, they are about the same. But the tie rod is solid, not hollow like stock.

Man, tough crowd...

Quadratec Receipt.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
OK - I'm wrong. Thanks for helping my memory. After thinking on this a bit, years ago I think I gave the Currie setup to my son to run on his XJ. I think this is the XJ steering.

Sorry Brian.

OK - I'm wrong. Thanks for helping my memory. After thinking on this a bit, years ago I think I gave the Currie setup to my son to run on his XJ. I think this is the XJ steering.

Sorry Brian.
The old bait and switch. Seen it a hundred times. 😬

Sorry Brian.

Hey many of us make mistakes. And most are understanding and don't hold it against them. And the fact that you were offering it for free to someone says a lot more.

The old bait and switch. Seen it a hundred times. 😬
Hey many of us make mistakes. And most are understanding and don't hold it against them. And the fact that you were offering it for free to someone says a lot more.
I'm just glad I decided to post a pic. Would not have known otherwise...

'Preciate you guys watching my back.