Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

Thanks all - it is looking like a fuel issue. When I cycle the key a few times - the fuel pump is definitely coming on each time - it starts right up. So, I'm guessing the pressure valve on the fuel pump. I'll watch it over the next few days, and then maybe start looking for a new fuel pump. I've never liked the one I installed when I did the Hemi - got it from Red Rock - as it was all plastic, and frankly just did not look as sturdy as the stock unit.

Always something...

Bro I’m on 35s, we’ll be fine. May not take the same lines but i regularly ride with guys with 40s, mainly because I don’t have a lot of wheeling friends.

Just had to flip you some shit since you called my Jeep a 3/4 ton.... You know in the 70's they put Dana 44's under 1tons too....
Not a whimpy TJ Dana 44's mind you but REAL Dana 44's.

• Haha
Reactions: TRE3TOP
I mentioned that at one point on Saturday the rig overheated - always seems to happen when wheelin' with Victor :rolleyes:. It turned out that the e-fan wire harness came loose, contacted the serpentine belt, which then cut the 10 gauge power wire - but none of the other 3 wires in the harness, strangely enough - necessitating a quick trail repair.

Here are Victor and Brian saying, "Will you hurry up already??? Man, we hate wheelin' with newbies..."

IMG_6729.jpg

So today I turned that trail repair into a permanent repair. I did not have any 10 gauge wire with me on the trail, only 14 gauge, so I doubled it up to make it work which was fine for the rest of the day.

IMG_0217.JPG

I cut the repair out, and replaced it with some actual 10 gauge and a couple of shrink crimps.

IMG_0218.JPG

On inspection, I found the original cause. The retention clip on the fan which holds the wire harness in place (and away from the belt...:sneaky:) had cracked, allowing the harness to come loose. Damn cheap-ass Spal fan...

So I added a few zip ties to keep that from happening again:

IMG_0219.JPG

Back in, tested, and done:

IMG_0221.JPG

Note to self: Carry some heavier gauge wire, Newbie!