Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

All that work...and they can still just grab the safety chains and haul it off...

Well, not if it's attached to the truck, which is my main concern.

@JMT PM'd me and asked what the deal was with the diamond plate top on the tongue. It's a cover for a small storage area with an expanded metal bottom. His idea was to use that area to lock up the chains somehow, and at least a would-be thief would have to supply his own chains.

Now that you've managed to slow down would be criminals while it's couple to the truck, have you considered a deterant for when it's not couple to the truck?

And just like that @DrDmoney tees off with a great idea. Stuff a ball (sans shank) in the coupler and lock it all down.

Reactions: Wildman
Now that you've managed to slow down would be criminals while it's couple to the truck, have you considered a deterant for when it's not couple to the truck?

And just like that @DrDmoney tees off with a great idea. Stuff a ball (sans shank) in the coupler and lock it all down.

That was the plan all along. Dr. D was commenting on my post #1,458. I ordered a cheap 2 5/16" ball and you called it - plan is to cut off the shank, possibly weld a small plate to the bottom. I need to give some thought to that, though. Funny, I just got a note from Amazon saying it was lost in shipment - so I had to order a replacement.

That was the plan all along. Dr. D was commenting on my post #1,458. I ordered a cheap 2 5/16" ball and you called it - plan is to cut off the shank, possibly weld a small plate to the bottom. I need to give some thought to that, though. Funny, I just got a note from Amazon saying it was lost in shipment - so I had to order a replacement.

Did my picture of the snow trigger an emotion???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1667605643768.png

Jeff, the 2023 Superduties have a feature that when a truck is parked and connected to the trailer, if someone unplugs the trailer then the truck will send you a message letting you know.

It’ll also automatically back up with the ball aligned to the hitch so you don’t steer or run the throttle/brake to connect a conventional trailer.

You better order one just for those features.

Did you fab up the same pin/lock protection for the receiver on you truck?