Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

@Wildman 77 hp44 waggy width,chevy flat tops and flat arms. Crossover,not inverted t or y.

Been thinking some actual turning degree measurements would be good to find if his ackermann is reversed. No hydro assist so it isn't dampened

97 se 5.2/44re like yours

Reactions: Wildman
@Wildman 77 hp44 waggy width,chevy flat tops and flat arms. Crossover,not inverted t or y.

Been thinking some actual turning degree measurements would be good to find if his ackermann is reversed. No hydro assist so it isn't dampened

97 se 5.2/44re like yours

OK. Start a thread about it or I can PM you some pictures of how my steering was setup before. It might help?

I've never checked my caster after I'd setup things the first time so I'm going off memory.

Mine was 6* or 7* but I don't remember what I had my toe set at. Mine steered fine down the road but I do have hyd assist. I have crossover with flat top knuckles also.

Reactions: Rickyd and reddvltj
Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on it.I plan on getting some pics and measurements and starting a thread when i go north for this event
https://allevents.in/mobile/amp-event.php?event_id=200024180056720
ca83e8dc910b6c4af57f6a229800438ccf707c7a8a2d6d80b37f0c4caff76b43-rimg-w742-h960-gmir.jpg

Should be fun. Gonna try not to jump my jeep and break it 🤣.

Back to regularly scheduled yellow jeeps ✌️

Last edited:
For that price I may have to add one to the fleet. Are they easily removable?

What I like is that the windows are very quick to remove, leaving a safari style top. I almost never remove the safari top - Nashville Sun - but it does take a little more time to do so compared to just folding back an OEM style top. It does require a header.

And to my eye on an LJ, the fastback looks much better than the standard top.

What I like is that the windows are very quick to remove, leaving a safari style top. I almost never remove the safari top - Nashville Sun - but it does take a little more time to do so compared to just folding back an OEM style top. It does require a header.

I had this top before my current bestop that I am really disappointed in. I'll be going back to the rampage eventually. An added bonus of the rampage top is the windows can store in the top. Undo two straps to the tub, fold the rear part forward to expose the storage (with separators to use between windows), unzip the windows, lay each one up there, fold back and enjoy the safari top without having to roll up windows and store them in the tub.

I agree that on an LJ, the fastback style looks a bit better.

I have the Trektop on the blue Jeep and also normally run without the windows as a safari style. The Trektop has the sun rider to open up.

I had this top before my current bestop that I am really disappointed in. I'll be going back to the rampage eventually. An added bonus of the rampage top is the windows can store in the top. Undo two straps to the tub, fold the rear part forward to expose the storage (with separators to use between windows), unzip the windows, lay each one up there, fold back and enjoy the safari top without having to roll up windows and store them in the tub.

I agree that on an LJ, the fastback style looks a bit better.

With the Trektop I also run a spider webshade underneath it and have stored all windows including the half door uppers on top of the webshade but under the Trektop.