Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

Does anyone have a good source for these A/C condenser mounts? I'm short a few.

Jeep - Moab Repair 3 - 5-10-2023 (1).JPG

Does anyone have a good source for these A/C condenser mounts? I'm short a few.

View attachment 426085

I found mine at Ace hardware. Look for well nuts in the bins. Brand new, they look like rubber nutserts and they work in a similar manner. Use super glue at the flange to hold them in place for the first tightening.
61w3nGIhBdL.jpg

After letting the touchup paint cure for a few days (helped the wait that I was out of town over the weekend), I wet sanded with 1000, then 1500 grit, and polished it by hand using Maguires polishing compound. Hard to see a difference in the photo, but it really looks good.

IMG_5127.jpg

Here is a before shot:

Jeep - Moab Repair - 5-10-2023 (87).jpg

Thanks Dudes. I found these in an old post from Blaine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CZ2B6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I appreciate the quick help. Knowing what they are called and the size helped a lot.

I have a bag of those that I'll never use. They were for my old Road Glide. It's how they hold the windshield on the fairing.

After letting the touchup paint cure for a few days (helped the wait that I was out of town over the weekend), I wet sanded with 1000, then 1500 grit, and polished it by hand using Maguires polishing compound. Hard to see a difference in the photo, but it really looks good.

View attachment 426735

Here is a before shot:

View attachment 426736

Grille turned out great.

The grill came out great.

Do you think you have enough clamps on the wall?? I'm assuming you're into woodworking as well.

Yes he is. And he does some great hand carvings on the wood too.

Well time to show off some wood working projects than. 😁

A few have been posted. Seems there was a chest he made not too long ago. I’d call it a hope chest, but I’m not sure that’s what he called it. 🤔 Thought it was for someone younger in the family. It was beautiful woodwork whatever it was.

Last edited:
@NashvilleTJ should leave a little talent for the rest of us.

That’s very nice.

Yep, I'm seriously jealous of his abilities. I can't cut a straight line to save my life when it comes to wood. Metal I fair a little better.

I'm just an OLD Hack who knows tons of useless junk.

I received the cooler kit and additional AN fittings for the Setrab cooler from Blaine. I've also ordered a few more -8 AN fittings to graft everything back into the rest of the system. I know you all know this already, but the design and execution of Blaine's cooler is first rate, right down to the groove milled into the cooler fins to properly fit around the V-bar. Beautiful bracket as well.

Jeep - Moab Repair 4 - 5-10-2023-1.jpg

Next is a little paint while I wait for the additional fittings.