North Carolina NC Jeepers

I lived in Boone in the 1990's, never looked for trails. I am in the Asheville area and would like to check out trails one of these days. Hope someone with experience chimes in.

Any of you guys currently near Boone? Theres a Jeep I'm looking at on craigslist. If things were to progress and someone were to go check it out for rust/test drive I could shoot a you a few bucks. Let me know!

I was just trying to see if there is any western NC Jeepers on here! I am near Blowing Rock and I am trying to find a few trails that are fairly close!
Check out FB group Jeepers United you’ll find a lot of NC Jeep enthusiasts, from all over the state.

I realize this is an older thread but....
I just came across this thread today and thought I'd offer my two cents. I live in Boone (work in Blowing Rock) and while I used to frequent Sampson (Richland's) in my old Jeep, I know it's gone. There used to be a lot of great places to wheel but are sadly closed. I run Brown Mountain occasionally, only two trails available but I can find things to do for 4-5 hours. There is also Patriot mountain in Valle Crusis. Last fall I went to Uwharrie for the first time and even though it was a 3 hour drive, it was more than worth it.... Hope this helps, see you around maybe.