South Carolina NC & SC Thread

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Thought I'd start a thread for any Carolina forum members (NC or SC). Follow and post here if/when an opportunity comes up to meet. Decided to start this when I saw @MountaineerTom and @Jamesval035 mention recent trips to Uwharrie.

Or ... stop me if there is already a regional thread for the Carolinas. I couldn't find one.

@Chris, do I have any way of searching for users by region, to tag them here?

Thought I'd start a thread for any Carolina forum members (NC or SC). Follow and post here if/when an opportunity comes up to meet. Decided to start this when I saw @MountaineerTom and @Jamesval035 mention recent trips to Uwharrie.

Or ... stop me if there is already a regional thread for the Carolinas. I couldn't find one.

@Chris, do I have any way of searching for users by region, to tag them here?

Since you're close to it, have you bee out Horse Pasture Road? My wife and I went last Labor day weekend. We got some BBQ and headed out and got there just in time to watch the sun set over the lake. If you're not aware of it, it's a really mild gravel road that's about 10 miles long (one way). We made a fun day out of it and riding up to Caesers Head State Park and Table Rock State Park.
IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

D251E1FB-41C7-4B57-8A72-469B1657C70B.jpeg

IMG_1686.JPG

Since you're close to it, have you bee out Horse Pasture Road? My wife and I went last Labor day weekend. We got some BBQ and headed out and got there just in time to watch the sun set over the lake. If you're not aware of it, it's a really mild gravel road that's about 10 miles long (one way). We made a fun day out of it and riding up to Caesers Head State Park and Table Rock State Park.

Wow, thanks. I did not know. Move here only shortly before COVID, so we still feel like we're new to the area. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Horse Pasture is about 20 min from my place. It's a nice Sunday trail ride. Depending on the time of year there are other gates to it that you can go through, and also can have a through trip and come out on a back road in Eastatoee Valley. There are also some other light trail roads made from forest service roads on the same highway. Nothing too crazy though. Serious offroading are in other parts of the mountains towards NC and I haven't found them yet.

Wow, thanks. I did not know. Move here only shortly before COVID, so we still feel like we're new to the area. Thanks for the tip!

... or maybe we can get this done together. Everyone who has access to Chris's link, just tag some people who show up near your home city. That'll at least get some attention.

@SSTJ , I forgot to mention, the name of the area where you can watch the sunset from is called Jumping Off Rock. That may help some in finding it.

Reactions: SSTJ