South Carolina NC & SC Thread

I'm in Rock Hill, SC and I've been watching for Jeep shows or just get togethers to compare and trade stories for several years. The closest I've come has been a Chrysler show dominated by new Challengers. Road Runners, RTs, Daytonas and others did well but the Jeep just felt like an outlier. My brother convinced me to enter a Masters Car Show at a Chevrolet dealership a couple of weeks ago and I was a little surprised to say the least. Appreciation to Burns Chevrolet, Masters Car Club and of course the judges!

1624328947128.png

1624329019298.png

Reactions: MountaineerTom
1624337071794.png

Give credit where it's due, right at 300 hp on the dyno
1624337168972.png

I had no choice, now heat is no issue.
1624337236486.png

1624337279826.png

One more thing I am very pleased with, performance, price, quick turnaround. 5,200 RPM limit is the only restriction. Nothing else matters.
1624337484942.png

Highway? We don't need no stinkin' highway!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I'd like to drive from Greenville to Mauldin/Simpsonville/Fountain Inn areas to see what the growth looks like now. When I left in 1989, Woodruff Rd was 2 lanes and the speed limit was 55. There was pretty much nothing back then on Woodruff, Highway 14, Scuffletown Road, and other roads around 5 forks. I'm sure it's packed with development now.

I was in the Greenville area a couple of weeks ago for the first time. THere is a Topgolf there. Not many places can say they have one of those

I'd like to drive from Greenville to Mauldin/Simpsonville/Fountain Inn areas to see what the growth looks like now. When I left in 1989, Woodruff Rd was 2 lanes and the speed limit was 55. There was pretty much nothing back then on Woodruff, Highway 14, Scuffletown Road, and other roads around 5 forks. I'm sure it's packed with development now.

Hey, are you in Ankara, Turkey or Greenville!?

Ankara, Turkey. I have a home in Corvallis, Oregon too.

I grew up in Greenville (mostly). I really like the upstate and western NC. I'd like to move back one day.
You wouldn't want to see Woodruff Rd now. It would take you longer to get from one end to the other on a bad traffic day than it would to go wheeling on a fire road. lol

• Sad
Reactions: zebra12