Necessary Suspension Component Upgrades for Lift Kits

rhauseriii

I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport and installed a 2" Pro Comp suspension lift kit. The lift came with no additional control arms or suspensions components of that sort to accommodate the lift. I did not think that those parts would be necessary considering it is only a 2" lift, however, I have pinion issues (that I am going to fix soon with adjustable control arms) and alignment issues. I am curious about what other suspension components I should upgrade to ensure a properly functioning jeep. So what else should I upgrade from stock? Front and rear track bars?

At 2" of lift adjustable control arms are optional.

Do you need them? No

Should you have them? Yes, technically you should since you can dial in caster, pinion angle, and much more.

However, at 2" of life, most will forego them as the geometry of things isn't that far off from stock at 2" of lift.

Now if you plan to do a SYE and CV driveshaft, you'll at minimum need rear adjustable arms, at which point you'd be smart to get front ones as well.

Track bars are also something you don't need at 2", but won't hurt. Your axles are off-center laterally probably 1/2" at most, so the adjustable track bars will allow you to fix that, but it's also not going to hurt anything to have them off-center that little.

I suggest you check out this thread:

A Beginners Guide to Lifting Your Jeep Wrangler TJ

At 2" of lift adjustable control arms are optional.

Do you need them? No

Should you have them? Yes, technically you should since you can dial in caster, pinion angle, and much more.

However, at 2" of life, most will forego them as the geometry of things isn't that far off from stock at 2" of lift.

Now if you plan to do a SYE and CV driveshaft, you'll at minimum need rear adjustable arms, at which point you'd be smart to get front ones as well.

Track bars are also something you don't need at 2", but won't hurt. Your axles are off-center laterally probably 1/2" at most, so the adjustable track bars will allow you to fix that, but it's also not going to hurt anything to have them off-center that little.

I suggest you check out this thread:

A Beginners Guide to Lifting Your Jeep Wrangler TJ

Alright great, thank you for your advice. I'll check out that thread.

Dont forget, on top of all the good information Chris just mentioned, these Jeeps are now minimum 14 years old, yours being 16. Bushings, tie rod ends, etc will have measurable wear even on lower mileage vehicle. While its expensive, you'll be better off replacing and upgrading your suspension arms, mounts, steering to get everything happy again.