WTB: Need a Dana 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minderbinder3

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So P.O. welded the spider gears in a 2000 2.5 5-speed I recently bought. Long story short…welds started coming apart and caused mucho problems. New parts alone to rebuild are being quoted at around $1800 because the carrier is jacked as well.

I now want to just replace the whole axle but can’t seem to find anything. It is a Dana 35 with 4.10/4.11.

Anybody got some suggestions?

So P.O. welded the spider gears in a 2000 2.5 5-speed I recently bought. Long story short…welds started coming apart and caused mucho problems. New parts alone to rebuild are being quoted at around $1800 because the carrier is jacked as well.

I now want to just replace the whole axle but can’t seem to find anything. It is a Dana 35 with 4.10/4.11.

Anybody got some suggestions?

Anything with the 4banger came with that ratio IIRC.

Try junkyards, FBM, and maybe car-part.com

Are the axles the same length? I was told a Cherokee rear axle was longer. I have been checking all those places with no luck.

Are the axles the same length? I was told a Cherokee rear axle was longer. I have been checking all those places with no luck.

If you're thinking of replacing the entire rear axle (housing, and all), then you need to realize that the Cherokee ran leaf springs, not coils, like the TJ. Also, I don't believe that Cherokees (XJ) came with 4.10 gearing from the factory.

Reactions: MikeE024
Status
Not open for further replies.