Colorado Need a little help

mtnRN

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 2005 LJ that I need a little help with finishing some suspension upgrades. I had a pretty big accident and had to have shoulder replacement surgery and I am physically unable to complete the job. Just need to finish the rear track bar swap, complete the rear passenger upper and lower control arm swap (yup, the difficult one) and reinstall the spring, shock and wheel. It’s been on stands in my (heated) garage for over 6 months now and the sad reality is that I don’t know when or if I’ll ever really be able to complete it.

I’d love to be able to drive it, not to mention be able use the garage space so if anyone who knows what they are doing, capable and willing to help a guy out, please message me. I’m just physically not capable of wrenching.

I’m in Lakewood and offering beer and pizza of your choice. All the parts and all the tools are just sitting there. Did I mention my garage is heated?

Adjustable arms?

Sounds like it could be pretty quick work (especially if it's just the one side). My next few weeks and weekends are busy with work and some other things but I could probably help mid March?

Reactions: taylormade73
Thanks guys. Yes, I was adding 8 adjustable control arms, adjustable rear track bar, swapping all the springs and upgrading the shocks. Fronts and drivers rear are done. It’s the problematic rear passenger, forward upper control arm bolt that’s giving me trouble and I just don’t have the arm strength/mobility to either loosen and shift the exhaust or take it down off the hanger. Plus, it’s a 6 speed so shifting it would actually help my recovery, so I’d love to get it on the road again. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Reactions: rasband and tworley
If you dont need it on the road asap I'll get in touch with you soon. I just have some other things to take care of in the coming weeks

Reactions: strumble8
If you dont need it on the road asap I'll get in touch with you soon. I just have some other things to take care of in the coming weeks
Thanks, it's been sitting in my garage for 6 months now...it's not going anywhere and I don't need to get it on the road. I have diesel WK2 as my daily driver.

Please just let me know, I really do appreciate any help.

Reactions: strumble8
So last week, I was able to complete my lift upgrade by myself. I did have to sawzall the frame mounted rear track bar bolt as it was frozen inside the sleeve, that was PITA. Right now, I am running Metalcloak dual adjustable aluminum control arms, Metalcloak front and rear adj track bars, OME 2939 front springs, 2946 rear springs, both 4" and Bilstein shocks from a JK which while on paper are similar in collapsed and extended length, give the worst ride imaginable. So I just bit the bullet and ordered some Fox 2.0 Adjustable Reservoir shocks for 4 corners.

I haven't done a body mount lift (or motor mount) yet, but I have a completely new set of stock height body mounts to install as mine have essentially evaporated to dust as they are most likely original. I also installed the very expensive )($100) Synergy grab handles which are nicer than anything else I've seen and was sold on them after having something similar in my JK's. I also installed 10.5" rear sway bar links, but haven't gotten anything for the front as I can't decide whether to spend $150 on quick disconnect links or $500 for AntiRock. And I have to figure out what to do with the front steering, Currie Correctlync or just upgrade tie rod or wait until I break something. Which I am sure I will because though I am running 265/75/16 right now and will go 295/75/16 (prob BFG All Terrains) if I stay with my stock Rubicon wheels.

Hopefully this weekend, I am going to mount my ARB compressor, eBay 6 switch panel both under the hood, and another set of lights. Next weeks activity will be to mount the Fox Reservoir shocks when they come in but I have to do some research on the best way to offboard the reservoir. Perhaps people have ideas on how to best accomplish this. My soft top has a lot of old age tears butI have another used one in good shape that I need to swap, so there's that to do as well.

Thanks to everyone for the offers to help. I'm glad I was able to do it myself, but I probably overdid it a bit and am pretty sore.

IMG-0605.jpg

IMG-0606.jpg

IMG-0607.jpg

IMG-0608.jpg

Glad you were able to get it done. I will recommend the anti-rock. It's a big improvement over disconnects as far as off road stability. And I didnt see a major change in highway/city driving with mine other than a slight amount of body roll increase

Reactions: rasband
Glad you got it worked out!

Sorry on not touching base. I had an opportunity fall into my lap randomly and ended up with a new job. Hardly had time to work on my own rig! This is only my second week.

DId you get the 12" remote reservoir shocks? If so, you'll need aftermarket shock mounts (poly performance). As to steering, if you want to stay under budget I would suggest the ZJ steering. And for disconnects, the Antirock is probably one of my favorite mods. When I did the outboard, we used a piece of scrap metal and welded it to the top of the frame arch, and mounted the reservoir there.

Congrats on the new job.
The shocks I got are FOX front 980-02-302 15.6" - 25.32 and Rear 980-02-303 15.37" - 25", so I guess 10" shocks. They are specifically for the TJ so I'll have to wait and see if I need any additional mounting brackets or hardware. They are new old stock but I got them for a killer deal. I got both fronts and 1 rear shock for under $400 shipped. Now I just need suck it up an order the 2nd rear shock (gonna be expensive).

I figured as much on the front Antirock. Thanks for the input.