Need a new clutch

Summersby

Hi,

I have a 2001 4.0l Sport jeep wrangler TJ and I need a new clutch I'm based in the UK. What's the best and easiest to get over here. Part number would be appreciated also as i don't want to buy the wrong part.

Forgot to mention its a 5 speed Manual!

Thanks.

LuK 05-065. And don't replace your flywheel (unless it is physically damaged) and especially don't let anyone resurface it. YES resurfacing flywheels is normal for most vehicles but it's not for the TJ since its flywheel has a slight dome shape on its surface. The official Jeep Factory Service Manual specifically says not to resurface it.

And a big welcome to WTF! :)

LuK 05-065. And don't replace your flywheel (unless it is physically damaged) and especially don't let anyone resurface it. YES resurfacing flywheels is normal for most vehicles but it's not for the TJ since its flywheel has a slight dome shape on its surface. The official Jeep Factory Service Manual specifically says not to resurface it.

And a big welcome to WTF! :)
Thanks for the info, but there are mixed reviews about the throw out baring being plastic. Just want to make sure I stick parts in that are going to last.

I would replace the pivot ball and spring clip if you have one. I also replaced the fork as mine had some wear around the ball and release bearing surface.

Thanks Guys had the clutch, Fly wheel and TOB changed all seemed good but now i'm getting the same whirling noise again while stand still in neutral which disappears once the clutch is pressed, could the throw out bearing be faulty already? only done 50miles.

i'm getting the same whirling noise again while stand still in neutral which disappears once the clutch is pressed, could the throw out bearing be faulty already? only done 50miles.
100% absolutely normal sound of the transmission's input shaft and its bearings being spun by the engine. Stepping on the clutch disconnects the flywheel from the transmission thus stopping that normal sound.

And the next time you replace your clutch, it's not necessary to replace the flywheel too unless it is physically damaged which is very rare.

100% absolutely normal sound of the transmission's input shaft and its bearings being spun by the engine. Stepping on the clutch disconnects the flywheel from the transmission thus stopping that normal sound.

And the next time you replace your clutch, it's not necessary to replace the flywheel too unless it is physically damaged which is very rare.
Thanks Jerry, if I record the sound would you mind having a listen?

Thanks Jerry, if I record the sound would you mind having a listen?
I've heard it many times and yes it can bother or scare some but it is normal if it occurs after you release the clutch pedal. It's not the clutch making the sound, it's the transmission.

Hi jerry,
Can you help me?
just a quick question
I´m in the middle of changing my clutch due to a bearing release failure
and would like to know if its necesary to change the flywheel as well
it has some wear due to the starter
it doesnt seem to be critical but im not sure
I will highly appreciate if you can take a look :)
btw Im also thinking about replacing my clutch with the LUK 05-065 new fork and spring for the fork
since I dont want to mess around with the clutch stuff in a few years at least

thanks in advance :)

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 10.20.02 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 10.20.02 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 10.20.01 PM.jpeg

That wear doesn't look bad enough to me to warrant replacing the flywheel. I do wonder if the starter motor was shimmed properly.