Need a rear track bar

bobthetj03

Daily driver
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Ok jeeples, your opinions on a rear track bar. Short back story, did a SYE and CV driveshaft a while back. My rear track bar is stock and the bushings are shot. Just recently added a JKS angled relocation bracket in place of my old OME bracket, so with the pinion rotated and the new angled bracket the stock TB is not in a happy position, so it's time for an adjustable one. My conundrum? As most of us poor jeep owners, I say poor, cause that is what these jeeps do to us, make us poor. Anywho, money is tight. I already have a JKS adjustable track bar up front. Had it for years, and it's been a trooper, so logic would dictate to get a matching JKS bar for the rear, right? I'm not brand specific for stuff, that ship sailed long ago, so I buy what I feel will work well for my needs. Enter my question, is there a more economical TB out there that will do the job? Good question, so I did what most would do and see what Amazon has to say. A JKS bar is $204. Put the flame throwers down for just a minute and look at this. I know, I know, it's that dreaded name!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VMXAGWQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It's a track bar guys-n-gals, so come on, they can't screw this up much, right? Ok, here's what I see that it has going for it, it has factory clevite bushings which I like. It uses an adjustable sleeve to adjust the length just like you have up front for your steering adjustments. I like that feature since you can install the TB and fine tune the length to center your axle without having to take one side off to adjust it. Yes, the JKS bar has that nice JJ at one end, but I'm on a NVH trip right now, so the Clevite's are appealing. Will I be shunned by the masses for having a RC part on my jeep? Thoughts? Go!

It's supposed go from 0 to 6", so that's a positive. Cleve bushings, check.

I say go for it. Worst case, you're out $130. Just don't tell Chris.

Edited to add: I wonder if that's a rebranded Moog part?

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
The Rough Country rear bar will be fine. I won't shun you for having it. It's just a track bar after all. If it uses factory bushings, that's a plus too!

It's pretty hard to screw up a track bar. RC lifts are garbage due to the shocks and the springs (which is pretty much the majority of the lift, right?). A track bar though, I wouldn't think twice about that.

The Rough Country rear bar will be fine. I won't shun you for having it. It's just a track bar after all. If it uses factory bushings, that's a plus too!

It's pretty hard to screw up a track bar. RC lifts are garbage due to the shocks and the springs (which is pretty much the majority of the lift, right?). A track bar though, I wouldn't think twice about that.

I'd be interested to know why RC lifts are garbage. I have a 2.5'' lift and I thought it was pretty good but that could be because I haven't experienced any other lifts.

I'd be interested to know why RC lifts are garbage. I have a 2.5'' lift and I thought it was pretty good but that could be because I haven't experienced any other lifts.

You haven't experienced any others, that's why. I used to have an RC lift (a brand new one) and always wondered why it rode so rough on roads. I switched to an OME lift (and later a Currie) and was blown away by how much better they rode. It was like going from a Go Kart to a Cadillac, that's how improved my ride was.

But this is because RC uses extremely low grade shocks and springs. It's like I always tell people, there's a reason they can sell a lift for $500...

Go for a ride in a Wrangler with a nice OME, Savvy, Currie (or similar) suspension and you'll see what you're missing. I didn't know what I'd been missing until I did. It really is night-and-day!

I'm not trying to completely trash RC. I understand people buy their lifts because they're on a budget, I get that. I'm simply trying to remind people that there's a reason their lifts are so cheap compared to the others.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I'm starting to feel the love again. Thanks jeepers! May just have to give er a try.

My philosophy is, if it's essential to the performance of the Jeep, and I distinguish performance from function, then I'm okay with a China made part or something, as long as it functions like I need. For stuff like lift, shocks, motor parts, I want performance, for stuff like trackbars, bumpers, rock guards, I want function. I say go for it if it serves the function of a rear trackbar

Reactions: bobthetj03
You haven't experienced any others, that's why.
Go for a ride in a Wrangler with a nice OME, Savvy, Currie (or similar) suspension and you'll see what you're missing. I didn't know what I'd been missing until I did. It really is night-and-day!

Preach. My biggest issue when I see people comparing knock offs to stock and not to the actual product it knocked off. I would bet 9/10 times knocks offs fall short on many aspects when compared to the actual true products. IT IS ALWAYS IN THE DETAILS.

Reactions: Chris
Preach. My biggest issue when I see people comparing knock offs to stock and not to the actual product it knocked off. I would bet 9/10 times knocks offs fall short on many aspects when compared to the actual true products. IT IS ALWAYS IN THE DETAILS.

I would also say that 9 out of 10 times, you get what you pay for.

A company can't manufacture a lift for $500, then factor in the cost of shipping and profit margins, and expect to make much money. Well, not unless they cut some serious corners in the manufacturing process (which is what RC does).

Their shocks are honest to god the lowest quality shock I've ever seen. They're bordering on pure pogo sticks!

So often times people will gawk at the fact that I paid over $2500 for a Currie lift, but the quality is above and beyond my old RC lift in so many ways.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I see no issues with it. I like the fact it uses factory style bushings which are proven to last a long time. It's a pretty simple and basic part, no need to over think it. Currie fan boys will certainly shudder at the thought but oh well. I run a RC heavy duty tie rod. I needed to replace my bent factory one and wasn't aware of the ZJ conversion at that time. It's a fat threaded steel tube with tre's, again no need to over think it.

Just remember RC's clevite bushings are not OEM bushings. They are made of inferior rubber that will not stand up to OEM. You should see the clevite bushings in their leaf springs on my XJ that I recently sold and I only put about 22k miles on them. Dry rotted and torn to shreds.

Just make sure you research whatever bar you buy because there are reports out there of binding against the gas tank with certain bars. I cannot recall which ones.