WTB: Need a wiring harness and ECM for 2003 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainey-OIIIO

I need a Wiring Harness and ECM for an engine swap. The Jeep started as a 1997 TJ SE with 2.5 and AX5 - The engine swap is a 2003 Rubicon 4.0 and a 1998 AX15 with 1998 NP231 Transfer Case.

Engine out.png

1 Engine Before.jpeg

2-C Engine after paint.JPG

New Tires.png

Did you just purchase that engine? It looks like one that was for sale in Nashville. I was thinking about buying it even though I didn't have to have it right now. Good price.

Did you just purchase that engine? It looks like one that was for sale in Nashville. I was thinking about buying it even though I didn't have to have it right now. Good price.
No, I bought it a couple months ago and rebuilt it. I've pretty much just got to put the pan and Valve Cover on it. A couple of my pictures are the Before and after. I put new pistons in, all bushings, seals etc.

I am in Nashville but no, I bought it a couple months ago and rebuilt it. I've pretty much just got to put the pan and Valve Cover on it. A couple of my pictures are the Before and after. I put new pistons in, all bushings, seals etc.
I'm frustrated with trying to get wiring and ecm and I have a 5.7 HEMI I'm thinking about just putting in instead or go with an LS. I thought this swap would be a piece of cake and wanted to keep it light/inexpensive. I've dropped about 4k on the Jeep so far and still has no engine in it. My frame side mounts are supposed to be here tomorrow, my new seat covers, Tires, Front and Rear Lower Control Arms, and shocks are just waiting to go on but was hoping to get this engine in first. The Intake, throttle body, fuel rail and all were cleaned up good, put a RC throttle body spacer on and painted too.

Intake Re-done.png

I have to scour through to make sure I have both the engine and dash for an 03 manual rubicon.

The Ecm for the 03 rubi ends in 385AD and I have them on the shelf.

I have to scour through to make sure I have both the engine and dash for an 03 manual rubicon.

The Ecm for the 03 rubi ends in 385AD and I have them on the shelf.
Ok, I still need to make sure it's all correct for my Serial Number. I called the guy I got the engine from and he says it's 100% a Rubi Engine because it came out of his Rubi. But, the serial doesn't end in an R so I'm puzzled and don't want to get the wrong thing. I'd really like a price so I can judge if it's even worth putting it in or if I might as well go with a V8. Looks like it ends in AB.

Block Numbers 1.png

Reactions: Wranglerfix
The 6th number of the vin is a 6 if it’s a rubicon.
If that's the case, this is definately no Rubi which doesn't matter to me, I just want to make sure I get the right thing for this engine no matter what it was in. I guess his Rubi engine was replaced at some point. It was definitely sitting in a Rubi when I got it and he swears it was all origional. Would you mind shooting me a price/time frame for everything I'll need to [email protected]? Here are the other block numbers.

Transmission is a Manual AX15 with NP231J Transfer Case and my jeep is a 1997 Wrangler TJ SE.

Block Numbers 2.png

Good morning I just left one of my warehouses and I do not have the engine harness for your jeep… I have been looking at some of my wrecking yards and they do not have it at the moment either.

I can get the ECM for you but having the ECM without the harness is pointless.

I will keep checking with my sources for the harnesses needed.

thanks,

Mark

Reactions: Vasq
You do not need a rubicon harness or rubicon PCM. Just get a 2003 manual PCM and harnesses and you will be good to go. Everything specific to rubicon has nothing to do with the engine...

I have a lot of harnesses in a warehouse. The issue I have is lack of time. Hopefully I will have some extra time this weekend after kayaking in the hurricane.

You can check Palmer brothers in Birmingham, Al. Speak to Randy. Also J&W jeep in Antelope, Ca. Speak to Neil. car-part.com is an aggregator for junkyards that you can search by year make and model.

Reactions: Rainey-OIIIO
I found one I'm going to buy Friday unless something else pans out. I found this guy through a Auto Salvage site. 425.00 shipped and includes a 90 day money back
warranty.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Status
Not open for further replies.