Need advice on a Jeep I’m looking to buy

Should I give an offer?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Nothing against the North (other than that one little skirmish, but that was yeeeaaars ago...), but I don’t see why you guys wouldn’t search south when looking for a rust free TJ.

You’d be hard pressed to find a Texas TJ that looked anything like the one posted here unless it was down near the coast it’s whole life.

If you search Dallas Craigslist you’re even more likely to find one that has spent most of its life on pavement.

If it were just another car, then local would prob be fine, but with TJ’s being older and something that you will likely keep long term, sourcing from a rust free area seems like the right answer.

Nothing against the North (other than that one little skirmish, but that was yeeeaaars ago...), but I don’t see why you guys wouldn’t search south when looking for a rust free TJ.

You’d be hard pressed to find a Texas TJ that looked anything like the one posted here unless it was down near the coast it’s whole life.

If you search Dallas Craigslist you’re even more likely to find one that has spent most of its life on pavement.

If it were just another car, then local would prob be fine, but with TJ’s being older and something that you will likely keep long term, sourcing from a rust free area seems like the right answer.

I agree. Arizona, Nevada, and CA have a bunch that are rust free. Just make sure you run the VIN on CarFax to see where it actually spent it's life. Last year when I was looking I found a bunch from back east and mid-West that are now out here.

Says sold. Terre haute isn’t that salty. My town isn’t even that bad. You can look at my build thread if you need to. I have plenty of frame pics there. It came from OH and now it is in IN. Midwest jeep all it’s life.